money transfer 'completed' but not showing up to bank account

CharlieCookie
New Community Member
Hi ! So i have this problem.. On tuesday i transferred money from my paypal account to my Visa Debit Card and i had to wait for 3 days which i did and yesterday i saw that it says 'completed' but today when i went to take the money i checked my balance and the money wasnt there at all ! Should i be worried? Should i wait for a little bit? What should i do? Please help.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CharlieCookie 

"Completed" does not mean that the funds are in your card's account as PayPal does not notify your card issuer that the funds have been sent. It means that PayPal processed your request to transfer. Now you wait however long PayPal say it would take for the funds to end up in your card account. Keep an eye on your card account for the deposit.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CharlieCookie
New Community Member
But how am i suppose to know when the money is in my bank account?
Login to Me Too

zaids
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have this same issue and I hope I can get a valid response here. I have linked my unionbank visa card to make my paypal account verified and also this card was linked as a bank card and I am using this card since 2016 to withdraw money from paypal. Just this last sunday Dec. 18, 2019 I accidentally withdrawn money from paypal to my unionbank visa card number and not to its account number. After 3 days, paypal says that the transfer was successful but when I checked my bank account online the money is not appering until now.

Usually or should I say every time I withdraw money from paypal, I send it to unionbank visa card account number and the transaction takes only 1 day and the money is showing to my bank account. Except if I withdraw on saturday, it took longer about 2-3 days including holidays. In this case, the money was send accidentally to my unionbank visa card number.

Although it says transaction completed, when there is some problem with my bank, can I have the money back to my paypal account? Because of my temper, I removed or unlinked my unionbank visa card as card, can I still have my money back to my paypal account?

I went to my bank to report the issue but they told me to email paypal first about this and return to my bank with the response of paypal before they can figure out how to resolve the issue. Frustrating is, it's been two days but I still have no response received from paypal.

Hoping somebody can help me clarify things, thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.