Why is my money on hold when I have a long history of sales?

Dothackoblivion
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been using PayPal for almost 14 years. Same account, fully verified. I have NEVER had an issue with holds on eBay sales since I hit the magic rating in there that removes them. And yet here I am having to deal with a hold, and judging by others issues, this isn’t something new. Question: how do you get their attention and get this resolved, or off hold, so I can actually pay for shipping for the item I sold and get it over with? If they can’t help me, I’m fine with deleting my account and finding another way to accept payment from the buyer. This is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dothackoblivion 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.