How long will Paypal keep putting holds on my new sales?

FTWProject
Contributor
Contributor

I have new sales coming in on a 5 year old account because I just hooked up my website to my Paypal account where I was using another payment gateway before. After a couple of thousand dollars in sales started coming in in the same day I then had holds put on all new sales transactions. I'm told I have to wait 21 days or until after the packages are delivered to the customers in order to take the hold off the money. Our company policy to to wait up to 40 days for these handmade custom items to be delivered and I need the money to make and ship the orders. How long will Paypal keep putting holds on new sales? When will this no longer be something that Paypal does? Is there a time frame I need to wait for this to stop happening? As it stands now I've had to switch my payment gateway back over to another service that won't hold my money I otherwise need to fulfill my orders.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

FTWProject
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have read all of this information. Let me rephrase my question.  If after I deliver these packages on which paypal has placed holds and I continue to move forward into the months and years ahead... for how long, how many months and years will Paypal continue to put holds on every single one of my new sales? What is the time frame or probationary period in which have to prove that I will deliver packages in order for Paypal to no longer put holds on all my money? I have been operating my business for 5 years, we have delivered thousands of packages using a different payment gateway. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FTWProject 

That varies seller to seller, you would have to ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FTWProject
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I read here that customer service phone numbers do not exist anymore because of Covid. So there is no way I can speak to a person. When I try to contact customer service it keeps bringing me to this community forum and tells me the only way to get any help is to ask questions here. So can you tell me how to contact customer service? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FTWProject 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.