Unable to mark invoice as non-shippable for digital item.

Vixikats
Contributor
Contributor

The problem I have is that I do commissioned digital artwork, but invoices seem to be strictly for shippable items. Paypal's help documentation says that "payments for digital goods will be released after 7 days" but says nothing about how to mark an invoice for digital goods or non-shippable items. Going into the invoice details doesn't help as it only wants me to update shipping information.

Another forum from years ago says there used to be a shipping option for "services rendered" but that doesn't exist anymore for seemingly no reason at all. How am I supposed to mark this invoice as finished so I can get paid in a reasonable amount of time instead of waiting a month for it to clear?

These tools are incredibly unhelpful and almost every moderator response is some copy/pasted junk that doesn't even remotely attempt to solve the actual issue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vixikats 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service / digital sale no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

To mark it as shipped or processed click on the transaction and it should be on that details page. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.