PayPal put my transaction on hold

Kowshik
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal put my transaction on hold. This payment was for transfer of one of my domain. Few days ago i sell my domain through Namecheap Marketplace  . I have just got a mail from Risk Management Team of NameCheap . It says PayPal put my transaction on hold . I don't understand anything . & also don't know the reason . What should i do ?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kowshik 

Are the funds SHOWING in your paypal balance but have pending/on hold at the side of them?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kowshik
Contributor
Contributor

I sell my domain from Namecheap marketplace . So, Whoever buy that domain , he has to pay me through Paypal . & the payment will add to my namecheap account . But now namecheap says Paypal put an hold of the transaction & they (Namecheap) told me to resolve the issue with Paypal . But i don't uderstand what to do . Namecheap has given me a Paypal transaction number .

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kowshik,

I'm sorry that you're running into difficulty receiving a payment. The reason that @kernowlass asked if you see the transaction in your PayPal account is that it is a common tactic of fraudsters to email a seller to tell them their transaction is on hold when in fact there is no transaction. If there is no transaction in your PayPal account, then you should not deliver the product being purchased from you. If there is a transaction in your PayPal account, you can check the status in the transaction details, as well as the instructions regarding what to do with the product.

Please review your transaction history to see if there is truly a payment received from the buyer. If there is not, you should proceed with caution, as it is possible that the buyer is not being truthful.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Kowshik
Contributor
Contributor
The transaction is not related to my account. I have a paypal transaction Id/number. Is there any way to know the detail about the transaction?? Because all problem is related to this transaction.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kowshik,

If the other party in a transaction gave you a transaction number and it turns out to be legitimate, you would still not be able to use the transaction to look it up in your own account because it would be the other party's transaction number. The same transaction in your account would have a different transaction number. A seller cannot find a buyer's transaction number in their own account, and vice versa.

If the payment was actually made, even if it were held, there would be a record of it in your account, but not under that transaction number. That is why @kernowlass and I are requesting that you check your own account's history to see if there's a received transaction for that amount around the time that the buyer claims to have paid you.

I hope this helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.