PayPal Holding My money

PE67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, just opened another PayPal account (for anotehr business) but PayPal is holding money from my customers. They want tracking, proof of delivery, etc, etc. I'm getting sales from shopify and eBay. I never had this issue on my 1st one. It this a "new thing" with PayPal??? I have no time to call or provide tracking for every sale. I don't have to do that on my other account.

Thanks for answers.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PE67 

It's a new account that's why. Just do what needs to get done and maintain until they remove you from the hold regimen. If you ship using PayPal or eBay Shipping the tracking number gets uploaded automatically.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PE67 

It's a new account that's why. Just do what needs to get done and maintain until they remove you from the hold regimen. If you ship using PayPal or eBay Shipping the tracking number gets uploaded automatically.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PE67
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sir, customer will nor wait. In my business extended waiting period, even a day or two is a deal breaker. I canceled the PayPal transaction and told them to reorder and pay with anything but PayPal. He did and I'm good to go.

BTW Shopify accepts: Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay and trough Shopify Pay: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners Club. I just enabled them so no more issues.

Forgot to add that, I left PayPal enabled. I'll wait the required amount of time, 30 days I think and see if my account is unfrozen.

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

PE67
Contributor
Contributor

Another transaction on hold. For now, I added a notification to my checkout and told the customer to cancel transaction. There are some apps on Shopify App Store to hide button as well or unlink the PayPal account but I wan't to see if the text will work as well.

Additionally added a note to checkout.

PLEASE BE INFORMED THERE MIGHT BE AN ADDITIONAL DELAY IF YOU ARE CHECKING OUT WITH PAYPAL. SOMETIMES PAYPAL WILL HOLD YOUR PAYMENT FOR UP TO 21 DAYS. WE CANNOT NOT SHIP ITEMS UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.  IF YOU REQUIRE IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT, PLEASE CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION AND CHECK OUT WITH ANY CC, G PAY, AMAZON PAY, APPLE PAY, ETC . YOU CAN ALSO CALL PAYPAL AND TRY TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]

BTW, called PayPal, they say they don't care and don't use us.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PE67 

The buyer has paid as soon as the funds are in your paypal account balance, if its pending under the new seller hold then funds are released more quickly when tracking shows delivery of the item + 1 day.

If you are not prepared to go through the new seller hold and are penalising your buyers because you don't want to then i suggest you close your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PE67
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I think I'll close it.

Login to Me Too

PE67
Contributor
Contributor

Someone checked out w PayPal today and it is not on hold. LOL, total mess. One day on hold next not.

Login to Me Too

Meclazine
Contributor
Contributor

Yup,

Our business has the same problem.

We wont release goods for delivery until we have cleared funds. All of our customers will go outside PayPal until this is resolved.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525GU
Contributor
Contributor

I'LL NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND PAYPAL TO ANYONE I KNOW!!

Login to Me Too

zzar
New Community Member

i am an online advisor and i dont have item dispatch number or anything they are holdig my money again and again and now everything is closed because of corona virus i want to pay my invoive i already did verification process anybody is able to tell me that how much it will take how longer 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.