Money on hold for 7 days / Not released yet

shanevince09
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm a digital artist and I get paid by making commissions. I've recently updated my price since my service upgraded as well. I've read that one of the reason the payment might get hold is because of unusual activity, such as a change in the usual price. I've got 250$ on hold at the moment, and I'm still accepting incoming money since I know as long the money is on my account everything would be fine. But it's been 7 days since the first payment  got on hold and it hasn't been released yet. I was thinking maybe it got something to do with weekends, so I still have my hopes that it will get released this coming weekdays. I've also read somewhere that it's not really 7 days? but rather 21 days. I'm writing this because I'm a bit worried and frustrated, I've been using PayPal for about 2 years now and I've done countless transactions, this is the first time that it happened. and since I was selling my service and not a product I don't have a tracking number. so there is no option where I can send a confirmation to the buyer. I'm still hoping to get my funds this coming weekdays, but if it doesn't, will it really take 21 days? or within 21 days? I understand that PayPal has to do this protocols to avoid illegal activities, but I find it unfair for those who are simply using it to earn money from their services and not receive any updates from PayPal. Anyways, any thoughts that might help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shanevince09 

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shanevince09 

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shanevince09
Contributor
Contributor

Turns out, they just didn't know where to look. thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.