Linking Chime card/bank to PayPal?

goddessK
New Community Member

I am having the worst time trying to connect a Chime (bankcorp) bank account to my Paypal. Form my understanding the Chime/ Paypal Debit cards are issued by the same bank. So when I try to transfer it to my chime it’s saying they’ve encountered a problem try again later. I called and spoke to someone who said that they would connect it for me, and to send the transfer again. It was supposed to be the instant transfer but now it says it’s pending for 72 hours. My account is fairly new and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
23 REPLIES 23

bricolage_
Contributor
Contributor

Since Chime is powered by bankcorp, Paypal treats it like a pre-paid card. That's the reason you can't add it.

It's frustrating because I love everything about Chime, but still need to keep my "other" bank to transfer funds from Paypal.

My guess is that they'll need to switch to the same bank Simple uses in order to fix the Paypal issue.

Login to Me Too

Kristen7884
New Community Member
I’m having this exact problem! Super frustrating!
Login to Me Too

Dialsmavis
Contributor
Contributor
So, Simple works but Chime doesn’t? Wish I’d have known that before signing up for a Chime account with the specific intention of opening a bank account to use with PayPal... It was strange, at first it looked like it was going to let me link the accounts, and I verified with the random deposit amounts and everything, but then it just decided to remove the linked account at random one day, saying that the bank account was closed... which it clearly was not... and then after that it would no longer let me add that account.
Login to Me Too

Lempfert35
New Community Member
Why don't you just get a PayPal business card? That's what I have. Whenever you get paid, you can just use your PayPal card to withdrawal funds or use it as a debit.
Login to Me Too

Dghvdy
Contributor
Contributor
I have both Chime and PayPal Cash Card. I started with PayPal Cash Card, but found that PayPal keeps a blacklist of websites they deem insecure and will not process a transaction from. Some that have declined are established businesses that should not have an issue. (I would assume the PayPal business card has similar restrictions but not for sure.) This didn’t work for me because the reason I have a card at all is that I do almost all of my spending online. I can link PayPal to Chime so that if my PayPal balance is short it will pay the balance from Chime. However this is not reciprocal. It seems ridiculous until I realized that with the current set up PayPal makes money on any transaction that is not paid with a PayPal balance (i.e. any financial source other than direct draft from your bank). I have not found a way to transfer from Chime to PayPal that does not incur a charge.
Login to Me Too

ria1975
New Community Member
I've added other cards with Bancorp Bank recently so I don't think that's the problem
Login to Me Too

averagewhitegir
Contributor
Contributor

I have used a prepaid pay card for years fine on paypal. this is NOT THE ISSUE. 

I am livid having NUMEROUS things declined today because of @#%@#$  Chime bank and Paypal. 

This MUST BE RESOLVED! UNACCEPTABLE ! 

Login to Me Too

averagewhitegir
Contributor
Contributor

I have used a prepaid pay card for years fine on paypal. this is NOT THE ISSUE. 

I am livid having NUMEROUS things declined today because of  Chime bank and Paypal. 

This MUST BE RESOLVED! UNACCEPTABLE ! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.