Instant transfer not available - possible glitch?

shredmastahflux
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am wondering if someone can shed some light on this for me.. 

So usually when I need to send money in paypal I use the instant transfer from my bank as it seems to be the easiest. The funds hit the recipient instantly and comes out of my bank at midnight. This week I have been having issues (on top of paypal glitching and double charging a 700 dollar payment.. ya fun I know.. still waiting and hoping that money shows back up somewhere tomorrow) it also is not allowing me to send instantly anymore. Regardless of the amount or who I am sending to it only gives me the option to do it as an echeck which takes 3-5+ days for the money to send. Obviously I don't want that. 

Has anyone else had issues with this lately and know what could be causing it? I talked to paypal support online and they said it could be any number of factors causing it and it might just not work at the moment. I tried playing around with it a little bit to see if anything worked and one time out of about a dozen it did give the instant transfer option but I didn't push it through because it was not the correct amount. When i changed the amount it has since been glitching out again.

This is very frustrating for someone who uses paypal a lot. Not only do I have to wait almost a week for someone  to get their money. I also have issues directly adding funds to my paypal balance. I also don't want to just send straight from my debit card as that adds a heavy little fee with it.

Bleh I may just be venting more than anything at this point but I have been fighting paypal all week and still have no sign of my money that is just stuck in limbo somewhere.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

spencer1979
New Community Member

it has to be a glitch or bug. I read that somewhere. I called customer service and they told me nonsense about how my account was locked for 2 days prior to today, which it was not. they had no idea how to answer my question

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.