Instant fund transfer

sprather
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know why my INSTANT transfer took 4 solid days to appear?!?!?! I call **bleep**.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sprather 

Its called instant transfer because when you pay a seller and fund it from your bank account, then paypal CREDIT the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account.....they do this so there is no delay on the despatch of your item.

However if you choose to add funds yourself then it is not instant transfer, you take the wait for the funds to transfer and as paypal use the slowest (cheapest) option it may take several days as it goes via ACH in batches.

As for withdrawals the transfers ARE INSTANT BUT you can have random security reviews so they stay pending for up to 72 hours for those reviews.

But once finally cleared the transfers should then be instant.

Again if you are the seller you were credited in advance so if you withdraw those funds instantly its paypals credited funds you are transfering and so sometimes paypal slow those down to allow the buyers bank transfer to play catch up.

I tend to only withdraw about a couple of times a month so I don't get the slowed down transfers ie pending / reviews.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

TheAA
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe Bank?

Login to Me Too

sprather
Contributor
Contributor
The bank says no. PayPal can NOT call a money transfer INSTANT that takes FOUR business days to post. That's absolutely false advertising and needs to be corrected immediately.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sprather 

Its called instant transfer because when you pay a seller and fund it from your bank account, then paypal CREDIT the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account.....they do this so there is no delay on the despatch of your item.

However if you choose to add funds yourself then it is not instant transfer, you take the wait for the funds to transfer and as paypal use the slowest (cheapest) option it may take several days as it goes via ACH in batches.

As for withdrawals the transfers ARE INSTANT BUT you can have random security reviews so they stay pending for up to 72 hours for those reviews.

But once finally cleared the transfers should then be instant.

Again if you are the seller you were credited in advance so if you withdraw those funds instantly its paypals credited funds you are transfering and so sometimes paypal slow those down to allow the buyers bank transfer to play catch up.

I tend to only withdraw about a couple of times a month so I don't get the slowed down transfers ie pending / reviews.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525W
Contributor
Contributor

Going thru the same **bleep** **bleep** too myself. Contacted my bank & scampal bank claims PP shouldnt even offer such a thing as most deposit type transactions typically take 48hours anyways REGARDLESS. Now out the extra $1.32 FEE i paid for this "instant transfer to debit card" waited over 30hours and still nothing. Oh to think any of these **bleep** hole companies actually CARE about the users,they only care to withold our money ILLEGALLY whilst all the same EARNING INTEREST ON IT ALL!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.