I hate paypal so much. Again issue with withdrawal of my USD!

Ben_w
Contributor
Contributor

So i have received USD from a friend. I am trying to deposit to my revolut USD account but as with paypal nothing is easy. My usd is being converted automaticaly to EURO with no option to change it even tough i am trying to withdraw it as USD! I would have a problem withdrwawing it as EURO but as with everything paypal there is a heavy fee on top of it and abysmall exchange rate. I am trying to change my primary currency in account to USD but nono as this option is not available at this time today and yesterday. Why on earth anyone with a little bit of common sense would use paypal is beyond me! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Ben_w

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

When you add a card to your PayPal account, the currency will automatically default to the currency of the card. In this case it is Euro as the primary currency. Your Revolut account will accept USD withdrawals, but as the card is registered as Euro, a currency conversion will apply. To avoid this, the card currency will need to be updated on PayPal to USD, and this will avoid Revolut completing a currency conversion from Euro to USD, after the withdrawal has completed. Please contact our Customer Support team to request the card currency is updated. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.