Funds on Hold

Karmioski
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is Message Center down?

Why is it so hard to contact PayPal when it's about getting your money out?

I received an email from PayPal letting me know about my current account status:

We’re happy to let you know that you've fulfilled the criteria to be an established seller with us. As long as you maintain your current selling performance, payments you receive from today onwards will usually be instantly available to you, and funds currently in your pending balance should be available within 21 days from the transaction date.

I received the email on June 17. TODAY I RECEIVED ANOTHER PAYMENT AND IT'S STILL HELD.

PAYPAL is testing my patience. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Karmioski,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues contacting PayPal. Funds may be held for different reasons. You can view reasons as to why funds may be on hold by visiting the link here.

To contact our Customer Support, please click on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter. I hope you're able to find a resolution to this issue soon. 

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Joy 

@Karmioski 

So why would paypal send that email if it did not apply?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @kernowlass,

As mentioned, payments can be put on hold for different reasons. The email received would refer to the payment being held for situations such as new sellers or sellers who may have multiple disputes open. Payments can also be held if there is another issue with the seller's account or the buyer's account, as well as other reasons. PayPal would need additional details in order to view the reason as to why a payment is still being held. This is why I have suggested other ways that users can contact PayPal. I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Joy 

Cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Karmioski
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think you actually know what email a seller receives when they graduated as a new seller. 

The email I received stated CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Let me educate you. You guys don't follow your criteria. I know you are also avoiding questions about funds being held even after a seller has proven their good intentions and selling history. Just don't give false hopes. I doesn't pertain to the held funds. It is about me as a seller fulfilling the criteria. But then again, you wouldn't do what you're supposed to do because you really want to hold on to our money.

Karmioski_1-1624650743562.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.