Funds being held

Marine1texas
New Community Member
I mostly use pay pal to pay bills online, but this week I used PayPal to sell an iPad to a known acquaintance. The transaction was done person to person, and the buyer received the iPad after she deposited funds into my PayPal. Now my funds are on hold. I can't talk to a LIVE agent so the bot said to put something into history and I did that. I received a message my funds would be available the next day. That was two days ago. Again no LIVE AGENT to help. The bot (assistant) is absolutely no help at all. I did get a message saying the buyer can check off receipt of the item, but she messaged me with a screenshot saying must be at least 48 hours from transaction to acknowledge receipt. I would have never used pay pal for this had I known about the hold, but more importantly that I cannot get a live agent for help.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Marine1texas

Sorry to hear of the negative experience. 

Payment holds are an industry standard practice used to help prevent financial loss for buyers and ourselves. Holds are usually placed on an account if you're a new seller, seller that has experienced a few hiccups in their selling history, or when selling high risk items. Usually, the hold is in place for 21 days. This allows time for the buyer to receive the item and ensure it is as described. You can add tracking to the transaction, which removes the hold 24 hours after the tracking confirms delivery. If tracking isn't available, the buyer and seller can mark the payment as Completed. Doing this usually removes the hold after 7 days. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.