Forcing me to give my SSN - I want my money back

djnesado
Contributor
Contributor

I've been sitting here for just about 2 weeks wondering how in the world I'm supposed to get my money back from PayPal

I have about $25 that I put in my account and all of a sudden I can't use my PayPal balance

"Money is waiting for you"
"claim it" 

Whenever I click 'claim it' it gives my two options, transfer to bang or keep it in PayPal, and, of course, I want to keep it in my PayPal account. But then when I click it, it's asking me for my Social Security Number, which I do not feel comfortable giving out. So since it seemed like I had no other option, I tried transferring the money to my bank. But, it was denied. Multiple times. 

One thing I question is why all of a sudden do I need to give out my SSN when like a few days before this started happening I was able to access my money without a single problem? I don't know if this is a BRAND NEW policy or something, but it's pretty much BS.

So, in basic sense, PayPal is pretty much holding my money and I pretty much have no way of getting it back, because I, again, do not feel like giving out my Social Security Number and it's EXTREMELY frustrating. Up to now, I'm tempted to just get the law involved because this is not okay in the slightest. I. WANT. MY. MONEY. BACK. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.