Established seller on PayPal but funds are still on hold

marielly
Contributor
Contributor

I registered for a PayPal personal account (as advised by my employer) this May. I was able to automatically receive my pay until late July when PayPal started putting a hold on my incoming funds because I have yet to meet criteria to be an established seller. What I did was update the Order Status (checked No Shipping Information Required or something like that) and tell our account manager to confirm the transaction. Usually after she confirms the transaction, the funds would be released. However, this time, PayPal has emailed me that I am now an established seller and the account manager has confirmed the transaction, but my funds are still on hold! The problem is THIS IS NOT A SHIPPING TRANSACTION! I am paid for my services as an editor. I am not a seller and I am not selling anything; I am an employee working for an overseas employer. I understand the security reason behind the hold but this is causing me and my employer a lot of inconvenience. How I wish my employer had other payment channels but of course, I seem to be the only one having this issue in the company. This is frustrating.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marielly wrote:
Okay, I understand the selling-my-service part. But my employer has already confirmed the transaction this morning and it's still on hold (it's evening now in this side of the world). Usually the money gets released right after my employer confirms the transaction. It's only now my pay got held AFTER the transaction was completed/confirmed by employer.

So your employer marked the transaction as service processed or item received ? Next time have the employer send the money but requiring no shipping by selecting "No Address Needed" when they select Paying For Item Or Service and clicking the mailing addresses dropdown menu so all they do is confirm the Service is processed or received.

If the payment is sent with an indicated shipping address, it may cause delay or further holds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Look at it this way, you are selling your editing services and getting paid for it. Unless you are receiving money from family or friends, you are getting paid for service otherwise. You have to persevere and keep getting the account manager to confirm the transaction. PayPal will eventually review your account and release you from this hold regiment once they are satisfied you meet the criteria for release.

Login to Me Too

marielly
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, I understand the selling-my-service part. But my employer has already confirmed the transaction this morning and it's still on hold (it's evening now in this side of the world). Usually the money gets released right after my employer confirms the transaction. It's only now my pay got held AFTER the transaction was completed/confirmed by my employer.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marielly wrote:
Okay, I understand the selling-my-service part. But my employer has already confirmed the transaction this morning and it's still on hold (it's evening now in this side of the world). Usually the money gets released right after my employer confirms the transaction. It's only now my pay got held AFTER the transaction was completed/confirmed by employer.

So your employer marked the transaction as service processed or item received ? Next time have the employer send the money but requiring no shipping by selecting "No Address Needed" when they select Paying For Item Or Service and clicking the mailing addresses dropdown menu so all they do is confirm the Service is processed or received.

If the payment is sent with an indicated shipping address, it may cause delay or further holds.

Login to Me Too

marielly
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! Will suggest this to our account manager.
Login to Me Too

janext24
Contributor
Contributor
Like how can we continue to sell if our CAPITAL is always being held?????????
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.