Do I really need to add a credit card if I'm only going to receive payments?

IrishAnne
Contributor
Contributor

I work freelance and I'm supposed to be paid via PayPal for the work I've done. I don't need to use PayPal to pay for stuff. I just need it to receive payments. I don't have a credit card since it's not that widely used where I'm from, so I've only added my bank account. My question is: Will this do or am I gonna have problems in the future if I only use this to receive payments? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IrishAnne wrote:

I work freelance and I'm supposed to be paid via PayPal for the work I've done. I don't need to use PayPal to pay for stuff. I just need it to receive payments. I don't have a credit card since it's not that widely used where I'm from, so I've only added my bank account. My question is: Will this do or am I gonna have problems in the future if I only use this to receive payments? Thank you.

Adding a card is part of verifying an account and lifting your withdraw limit. 

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-verify-my-paypal-account-faq619

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

IrishAnne
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for the reply. I checked the link you sent and it says it can be one of three: credit card, debit card, or bank account. I added a bank account, just one. No cards.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.