Deleted account but Credit card still saved !

SpaceMan014
New Community Member

Hi ! I need help because when i tried to connect my credit card to another account but is in use on a deleted account , the card he was in another account and i left ther and deleted the PayPal account , and now i dont know wath to do , please help !

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Temp20230515G
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are you sure that the account was closed? Because whenever PP closes an account, all information attached to that we'll also be deleted especially your financial information.

If you're really sure that the account was closed, then the card is attached to a different account then. That's part of their security check, making sure that financial information are only attached to a single account.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Temp20230515G
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are you sure that the account was closed? Because whenever PP closes an account, all information attached to that we'll also be deleted especially your financial information.

If you're really sure that the account was closed, then the card is attached to a different account then. That's part of their security check, making sure that financial information are only attached to a single account.

Hope it helps!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230515G 

Sorry wrong.

@SpaceMan014 

You have to remove all financial information BEFORE you close an account.

If you don't then you would need to contact customer services and see if they can remove the card from your closed account before you can use it on another account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.