YET ANOTHER DISPUTE CLOSED WITHOUT RESOLUTION...

bailey2465
Contributor
Contributor

i thought i was the only unlucky person who, time and time again, noticed that as quickly as i had opened any/all disputes for Items-Not-Received and/or Receiving-Wrong-Items.. paypal seemed to close them just as fast without any compensation or even an explanation to the resolution they had come to. 

And everytime, I attempt to contact paypal customer service, i receive the generic response of "please go to the resolution center to view the status and/or notes regarding your claim.."  but there are never any hints as to why the case was closed or even any response from the sellers.  every time i have opened a dispute, it is closed by paypal within 48hours...

WHAT IS GOING ON!!????  i completely understand the risks that are taken when purchasing goods online and accept that sometimes a transaction is not going to be 100% satisfactory - but i would much rather Paypal take down their Buyer Protection Policy and have me agree to Terms and Conditions than to make false promises that i will be protected.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

SusanaKay
New Community Member

You're definitely not alone.  I just got ripped off for $150 by a merchant who after more than two months have not sent me the course I ordered.  The merchant told me after a month to wait longer, but after two months I had had enough.  I lodged a dispute through PayPal, who informed me that though they could not refund the money they would let the merchant know that a complaint was lodged and give them a chance to respond.  I thought this was excellent because I would be supported by PayPal.  

Next thing I know, I log in and it says the dispute is closed because it was lodged more than 45 days after the transaction and/or it didn't meet other requirements.  They did not notify me that they were closing it.  They did not seem to understand that the merchant TOLD me to wait longer and therefore I was following PayPal's stated policy to work with the merchant to resolve issues.  They do not clarify in any way whatsoever what they mean by "other requirements" that were not met. The whole thing is as clear as mud.  The end result is that I feel ripped off TWICE - once by the merchant, who are scam artists as far as I'm concerned, and another by PayPal who aid and abet scam artists like them.

I have been paying fees to PayPal for years, in the mistaken belief that I was somehow protected, only to find out that I'm giving my money away for no good reason.   I'll just use my credit card for purchases from now on.  Goodbye PayPal.  Thanks for nothing!  

Login to Me Too

Sqip
Contributor
Contributor

I hear you..PayPal did the same to me...wait wait wait for the product only to be told by PayPal the dispute is past the "magic" 45 day limit....I tried and tried to contact  <removed>  but to no avail. Try it! They don't answer their emails or the site just doesn't work. Lesson learned but it's not over...this co. is going to wish they sent my product instead of taking my PayPal $$$. It's going to be my mission to let everyone know NOT  to purchase anything from these scammers...ahhhh the power of the internet..ain't it grand!!  Remember people.. avoid this company! Lest of course you like to get ripped off! PayPal was useless too in dealing with the problem..good luck to them if I use them again... 

Login to Me Too

saad613
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you are not alone. I received an item 40 days after I ordered it. An air matress pump. By the time I got to try and found defective it was over 45 days. It left me sleeping on hard floor. Pay pal closed my dispute without a resolution. So I have a defective air pump that is worth zero.

What a rippoff. Pay Pal say they protect buyers ha ha ha.  

Login to Me Too

jrfm410
New Community Member

please let me know if you find a way to make paypal stop treating their customers in such a disgraceful manner...i will gladly sign up! they mess with private and personal banking info and funds and they get away with it! we need protection from paypal but i am helpless on how to stop it!

Login to Me Too

emibatt
New Community Member

simple use the protection offered by every credit card.

I just discover PP refuses to protect me against Airlines.

I'm sure I'll find more tricks like this.

Login to Me Too

DannyElle
Contributor
Contributor

did try it here emailsssss and contact us as for me paypal never even opened the dispute pfff plus customer support I got on the phone fixed the problem 1 time since then nothing but charges after charges at the bank when you deposit money in your paypal account that money is to buy the product you are purchasing no??? so why are they charging in the paypal accoubt and in the bank account.,...took my last 35$ to put in 30$ in paypal to pay for my skype credits and my rebtel credits for a total of 29.79$ with all that I copied pasted on my message here what they passe the rebtel credits at 15.79$ the same day they past 30$ for my paypal account which took 10 days to get there they took in my bank account the 14$ for my skype credits so now cause the rebtel credits I dont have instead they leave me with a NSF that cost me 42.50$ now was in the red for over 30$ on top of that did get my skype credits but funny my paypal account is down to 1.49$ now please help me is it me that is crazy or what?? Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

jhschonewille
Contributor
Contributor

Could you post the company name? not sure if you're allowed.

Login to Me Too

Fishon325
Contributor
Contributor

How much has paypal ripped off its customers by not backing them in the dispute process millions probably paypal   does not pay and is certainly no pal of mine.   buy with caution is my advice the fees colllected by paypal are the cost of doing business on ebay and work in shipping exchangerate and periodically varying from seller to seller brockerage fees collected up front. i have contacted sellers requesting they waive brockerage feeds only to be told they can not because of the ebay sellers program i am a Canadian buyer quite often buying from USA sellers and the deal has to be pretty sweet before i buy price is not everything  

Login to Me Too

chritters
Contributor
Contributor

I along with all you guys and girls just went threw the same issue with Paypal, I paid $70 Plus dollars for some Ram for my computer the seller had no idea so he claimed how to ship my item to canada and kept asking me for my address I gave it to him and for some reason paypal made him pay his shipping seperatly so he got his pymt minus the shipping, so he kept asking me for another $20 for shipping I kept saying I paid the full amount I copy and pasted my receipt to him and he kept saying I havent received the shipping so now I waited and waited and waited yet he said he shipped it But I noticed now that the last 3 digits of my Postal code are wrong and when I click on tracing it shows the package was delivered. I have not received it and contacted the seller who sent in a claim himself as he says he sent the item to Kentucky as thats what Ebay suggested he use there shipping method. Well it was delivered but not to me and after waiting to hear about my claim I get an email from paypal saying that they dont have to pay me as it shows it was delivered. and on top of it I got a threat about Fraud Etc. I have an excellent star rating with no negative s against me and now when I ask for help They screw me over. I think its time to get rid of paypal and maybe even ebay and stick with Amazon etc.

Heres a copy and paste from the seller that I received yesterday.

Dear chritters,

Hi, I know nothing about how ebay shipped it to you. I was instructed to ship it to their site in Kentucky which i did as instructed. THEY are hte ones that did the international shipping to you, i had nothing to do with it. Suggest you contact Ebay for your info. Rick

- rickscustompc
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.