Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

Filadelfos_RC
Contributor
Contributor

Wow....    NO comments from anyone at PayPal in over 3 weeks now.  I still can't see the app on in the market (even though it's already installed on my S3), so I've been using square.  I'd rather be using PayPal, but at this point....

Bill

Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
I agree, sometimes getting a response from PayPal is far from easy. Additionally if you do happen to get a response good luck on getting a resolution.
Login to Me Too

LSwann
New Community Member

I am in complete and utter shock at the irresponsibility of Paypal in allowing their Paypal Here to have "intermittent issues processing payments" as was explained to me by customer service. Yesterday my customers received notifications that a payment was processed yet I received NO money in my account! Unbelievable and unacceptable. You market this service to small businesses and then damage us in the worst way- we lose credibility with our customers, money, and time dealing with this! How am I supposed to explain to them that, "yes, you did receive notification of a processed payment, but I never got it" and maintain my credibility???? I am disgusted that I had to spend my time on the phone tonight with a Paypal Rep who was apologizing, yet Paypal cannot do ANYTHING to make this right. I am now responsible for "explaining" this to my customers and attempting to collect ANOTHER form of payment and that is IF I am ever even able to contact them and convince them that they still owe me money. I have used the Square card reader and the Intuit GoPayment - yesterday was my first time to use the Paypal Here and seeing as $180 worth of charges never came through- I will NOT be able to continue using this service and will SERIOUSLY reconsider ever using ANY form of PayPal ever again.

Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
Welcome to paypal
Login to Me Too

thynxink
New Community Member

Will the Paypal here ever be compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3? I have a business, and rely on the card reader and paypal. When I got the phone I was rather upset to find out that the card reader was NOT being read by the phone. My business and I are at a stand still. Will this issue ever be fixed? Thanks You for your time.

Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
welcome to paypal
Login to Me Too

cinmuj
Contributor
Contributor

Do we know if the paypal card reader will ever be compatible with Galaxy S III cellphone & ZTE Optik?

Login to Me Too

jamcas1
Contributor
Contributor

I asked by phone a month ago and they said they were comming out with new apps to use the card reader every week. They had at the time 34 compatible devices . As of today they still have 34 . I sent an email 2 weeks ago and got a rude response and told it would be out soon . Still nothing . I'm thinking about using a different card reader as most ar CHEAPER than Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too

crbeaugard
Contributor
Contributor

I have the GalaxyS which is a lot older than the III and the PayPal reader is working with my phone. I had issues where the reader did not seem to detect the card swipe. Once I close the space between the front and back by squeezing the reader together, it worked.

Login to Me Too

MikeLeonard
Contributor
Contributor

Just another "shout out" that the Samsung Galaxy S III should be a high priority for supporting the PayPal Here feature.

In the meantime, I've opened an account with Square and that is working perfectly fine. Is there anyway to provide a routing and account number so that I can get funds from swiped credit cards into my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.