Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

ACG
Contributor
Contributor

EVerytime I have called to fine out if my Click 2 will work with paypal here it doesn't. If you ask when will everything be updated there again is no answer. No one you talk to knows anything nor can they answer any questions. So it would be nice if you just don't keep sending out your e-mails to download your app. when nothing is compatiable. You would think you would be smart enough to know what phones everyone is using since this is the only app. that doesn't work on MOST phones. Your marketing was very poor and you announced something that you were no ware near ready to promote. Plus you would think that you would at least be ready with the new phones and your not even ready with them. For the farmers markets you have lost out on alot of revenue. The market I belong to we all use Square or Intuit and we bring in on an average of 1.3 million in gross sales and we are in a small town, so you have lost a fair amount just from us, and most of Us were looking forward to PayPal Here. You need to talk to  Square and Intuit they have there act together.

I do have a printer and my square works just fine, I plug it into my B&D charger that has a 110 outlet on it.

Login to Me Too

sassandbling

I am hoping and praying this happens soon, because if so, it will put you Far ahead of square and I will personally mail my reader back to them.  PayPal Here and the regular PayPal account really need to be linked together.  So when I get online I can see what activity happened on the reader.

But the #1 thing is ITEMS/INVETORY!  PLEASE make this available somewhere online! It's so much easier to log in on a computer to see what's available to edit any items.  If the items were also linked to your items you have set up (for buttons) then you would be golden.  

One seamless operation.  I hate having to create PayPal buttons online, then doing the EXACT same thing on my Smartphone by taking a picture and typing it in... When I really think it could all be done as one unit.

Login to Me Too

Philbert440
New Community Member

I know we just got the app, and thank you it was very much needed... but would it be possible for windows phone to get the card reader option too instead of only iphone and android.

Login to Me Too

InSeattle
Contributor
Contributor

I second that - PLEASE support Windows 8 phones!!

Login to Me Too

posilock
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I run a Locksmith service (eight career), I have  been a new user of PayPal Here with limited usage as most of my customers pay me cash or cheque face-to-face. I have just been updating my website to advertise taking Cards for payment. Fortunately I have not published my update. The last time I used PayPal Here was the 3rd September, a few days later when I tried to use it, it just stoppped working and treated me as a new potential customer. When I contacted telephone support they suggested I contact technology support. When I contacted them they asked me for screen shots of the problem - luckily I have 35 years experience in IT and I knew immediately what to do. So I asked my guru son who is a Pastry Chef "how do you get a screen shot on an iPhone". Without missing a beat on his souffle' mix, he told my which buttons to press. 

I then sent screen shots of everything from loading the software through to access, signing in and final screen. The technology people said every thing looks fine probably the account has not been configured properly and recommended I contact the first people I spoke with - they contacted me by email and said not to worry we will call you soon on the phone have have it sorted in no time. I have lost track of how long ago that was, but no phone call and my PayPay Here still does not work any more. Is there anyone on the planet that knows which button to press to start this thing back up?

Regards

Login to Me Too

iammagi36
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Samsung S2 Skyrocket model SGH-1727. How could such a popular model be incompatible? Other S2's are included. Any chance there might be a way to work changing the OS or something? It's going to so many people to use another provider.

Thanks,

Stephen

Login to Me Too

AJAX13
New Community Member

I was sorely disappointed to find that PayHere is not compatible with my phone. The security features on the Motorola Photon 4g was the primary reason why I bought the phone to use for CC card swiping.

WHEN will PayHere be compatible with Motorola Photon 4g, Droid 2.3.5, Kernel 2.6.32.9?

Signing up for square now.

Login to Me Too

tgsalas

I have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

DrDubner
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't believe my eyes. I downloaded the PayPal Here app to my Evo 4G, ran it, answered all the questions and was denied! 

Let's see, I've been a PayPal Verified Business Member now practically since PayPal was born, right around the turn of the century and long before eBay bought the company.  I use PayPal almost daily in business as well as in personal finance management and have never experienced any conflicts with the company whatsoever.  My wife received her card reader yesterday and couldn't wait to show me how it worked.  She exclaimed, "you've just got to get one of these!", so, for the past six or seven hours, I've been trying to do just that.  But now, all of a sudden, I don't know whether to feel dejected and worthless...or just plain angry...with an old friend, no less.

Along with the painful note of rejection, was the statement that not being approved was based on "information you provided us".  What?  My name, address, phone number? Oh, and how much, in dollars', worth of business did I expect to do with the app.  Surely PayPal wouldn't descriminate against a loyal member based on that kind of information.  So, why did this happen to me?  Could it be because my wife had a card reader shipped to the same address as mine?  If that's the case, it doesn't make any sense because we have separate businesses and separate bank accounts.  I hope this is just a glitch becaused I'm truly bummed out.

Has anyone else on the planet Earth who has a PayPal account, in good standing for way more than a decade, been denied the opportunity to receive a card reader....the very basis of retail business dealing in the modern world?  Surely I'm not the only one but after poring over dozens of pages of posts here, I haven't seen as much as one other instance where someone was similarly rejected.

If you've read this far, thanks for hanging out with me for the duration.  Worse things have happened and I'm fairly confident that no children were injured because PayPal blew me off, so I'll have something to smile about as I continue to look for answers to my questions.  I'd appreciate any genuine assistance with this matter...and if you cannot offer any enlightening input, then perhaps there has been some entertainment value provided here for your enjoyment, if only to validate or justify the time and space I've taken up with this posting.  Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

PopGnologist
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, same thing happened to me. No explanation, just denied.

Sometimes I think PayPal is being run by one single fat middle aged guy wearing a greasy t-shirt in an apartment in Moscow.

Before I used the online Google Store to install the PayPal Here app to my phone, I used the PayPal "Send to my phone" feature. I tried it three times, but still no SMS message on my phone.  I asked for tech support as to why I never got the SMS link to my phone. No response from PayPal (of course!)

It said I can reapply in 90 days, but it only took minutes to uninstall the app and apply for (and be accepted for) Square Card Reader. So, my solution to the PayPal Here problem is Square Card Reader 😉

Quite a few years ago I had a PayPal debit card. Then I lost it. Then I reapplied for a new one. Never got it. I eventually called service to see if I could get a PayPal debit card replacement, but the woman said PayPal doesn't give debit cards to everyone (even though they gave one to me once, just not twise).

So, the lesson here is PayPal is N extremely risky place to keep large amoounts of money for very long. Small amounts that you could live with if they locked you out of your account, perhaps, but based on their ghetto level of customer service, it seems very risky to over rely on PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.