21 days????

mysticx0
Contributor
Contributor

i sold something on ebay and now paypal thinks they have the right to hold my money for 21 days????

WHERE DOES IT SAY THIS ANYWHERE IN THE SIGN UP PROCESS???

i figured signing up for paypal would INCREASE the speed with which i get my money....instead its 6-7 times SLOWER. how am i supposed to send out my item IF I DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR 21 DAYS??? how the **bleep** is my ebay acct supposed to stay in good staning with <removed> rules like this.

i feel completely scammed. ill never use this garbage company again. ill be deleting my acct, not sending out the ebay item because if i do and 21 days from now paypal decides to pull some more BS and i dont get my money ill be out my item too.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO ADVANTAGE TO ADDING PAYPAL TO ANYTHING.

i was literally BETTER off without it. id have my money and the item would be shipped by now.  instead of that, im **bleep**. thanks paypal. youre geniuses.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

mysticx0
Contributor
Contributor

oh there is NO QUESTION i will use another source. paypal is a completely useless and needless "option". 21 days lmao...thats one really stupid rule. i get paid before 21 days.
absolute waste of time and even worse, i will be getting a strike on my acct.
i could cancel the transaction, resell it and get a money order before 21 days. id still get a neg rating from the buyer im sure but id have my money faster than these thieves would get it to me.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just put in the tracking number and mark the transaction as shipped.  If you do the shipping right at eBay, the tracking is automatically uploaded.  Then when the buyer mark the transaction as received you get the money sooner, in 3 days after transaction is marked as received. 7 days if you just upload track with no customer confirmation.  This hold is to keep users from withdrawing money too fast so that when there is a dispute/chargebacks, the funds are there for refunds. And with eBay's Money Back Guarantee on a great deal of listings, you are gonna wish they did.  Would you rather have them just take it out of your bank account?  Cause they will.  It is in the user agreements.

Doesn't matter who you sign up with, read the fine print.  Or read the section that is relevant to the issue you are having at the time. Best to know the rights you have under terms and conditions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mysticx0
Contributor
Contributor

if thats why they do it thats unacceptable. it literally makes EVERY SINGLE OTHER OPTION better than using paypal including a snail mail money order.
this is an absolutely worthless option. ill never use paypal again. bury your rules and terms in dozens of links over TWO different sites is ridiculous and very, VERY sketchy.
im not even mad anymore. i called paypal, rep hung up on me. i call back they xfer me to ebay who then xfers me back to paypal. got me running around in circles for MY money. no thanks.
never trust a middleman service. they will hijack your money, thats the lesson i learned.

for the record, the absolute LAST thing i feel is "oh wow, they are doing it for my protection! yay!"
i feel like ive been robbed. i truly need that money....and could have had it by now if not for this <removed> company.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

sell it to the pawn shop,they pay cash/

Ebay has a buyer protection program,if seller cheats the buyer,Ebay will have to pay,so do you blame them for the hold?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It's for your protection insofar that they don't take that money from your bank account which can lead to bank account overdrafts in some cases to settle for unauthorized use or refunds.  And they only do this pending balance thing up until your account meets the requirements for release so it is not like it's indefinite. These requirements include 90 days since your first sale, 25 transactions, $250 in sales.  Not the end of the world.

You'll use PayPal. lol

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PP may be a PITB some times but when it works and you use it right, it works great and very convenient.

Login to Me Too

mysticx0
Contributor
Contributor

no i wont be using it again but im glad you find this **bleep** funny."my ebay has 5 ratings and ive had it since 2005. this was the first time i ever used paypal....and it wont happen again. its not a service i would EVER need and if it was id definitely find a less sketchy company to do it with.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you want to sell on Ebay,you dont really have much of a choice.

The other option is to have your own merchant account and that would cost you and most buyers do not like to fork over their cc data to someone they may never do business with again. 

There are other venues to sell,but not like Ebay.

You may want to consider AMZN marketplace,but you must use AMZN one click

Login to Me Too

mysticx0
Contributor
Contributor

i DO have a choice. snail mail money order. it takes 2-3 days to move the money to your bank acct anyway and by that time a money order would be here. this is literally the most pointless company ever. when every other option is faster, why does this company exist??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.