Buyer is scamming me

Hi I sold an item on eBay and mistakenly advertised the location as my home address instead of the location in China where I drop shipped the item from. The buyer encountered import fees and they opened an item not received case because they didn't want to pay as they didn't know the item was being shipped from China. PayPal decided in the buyers favour and they got refunded but now I see from tracking the buyer paid the import fees and are getting the item after all. Should I reopen the case?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

watchmytoys
New Community Member

I sold an item to a buyer in Italy, because he had to wait slightly longer because of Covid 19 he opened a case against me and got refunded, but when I checked the tracking number he already had the ($140) item and is now giving me the run around saying I have to wait 180 days before he will pay due to a Paypal policy???

Login to Me Too

Crosade
Contributor
Contributor

@watchmytoys  Do not wait until the 180 days. You have 180 days to file a dispute for a refund. If you wait 180 days and day 181 comes around you are SOL. Please file a dispute ASAP with as much information as possible working toward your case. Include screenshots of transactions, conversations, tracking numbers etc.

Login to Me Too

Crosade
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely I would open a ticket. Provide them with the tracking number and show them it was delivered. I always make sure to recommend taking screenshots, web pages have a tendency to disappear when you need them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.