Why iam being charged as a seller for buyer unauthorized transaction?

Clearalist
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal team, recently I had faced a problem with the transaction of 200$ on 4th April. the buyer claimed an unauthorized transaction report but he used our service I don't know whether the buyer used multiple IPs or lying but, the PayPal team gave the refund to the buyer without properly contacting us about the usage. However, we accept the PayPal decision but why it is showing -10.74$ (negative) in my PayPal account. it is not my fault if the user account got hacked why should I pay from my pocket, its not fair. Please help me here. (i messaged this to PayPal but they are not responding can anyone in the community help me out what should I do ?)

Also please tell me what will happen if I don't pay this negative amount. whether they will debit the money from my next sale or what the process to settle it. (This is my first PayPal dispute as a seller) Please help. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Clearalist,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear your buyer has claimed an unauthorized transaction dispute. When PayPal investigates a claim on behalf of the seller, we look to see if the transaction is covered under our Seller Protection Program. You can read here what may and may not be covered: What is the PayPal Seller Protection Policy and what items aren’t covered?

I hope that clears up some confusion,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.