Scammed: PayPal refuses to help.

Vyra
Contributor
Contributor

I am a victim of a “buyer refund” scam and PayPal customer service refuses to help me. The scammer did a refund and was approved without giving me any means to appeal or dispute. Worst still, this occurred during the time where PayPal’s customer service was closed and I could not contact anyone. Assuming that this “refund” would occur only in “working hours” I hoped for the best, but to my dismay, it was approved. 

What can I do?

Refund” scam58AC0630-F238-45FC-B881-AF0FF4BA83E3.jpeg582D613B-EB8F-41EB-88A8-16A634FD1F61.jpeg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hi @Vyra

Thank you for the post!

I'm sorry to hear that a transaction didn't go as expected. I would recommend referring to our Help Center for more information on PayPal Seller Protection. You can quickly access the Help Center article here: What is the PayPal Seller Protection Policy and what items aren’t covered? If you have any additional questions about your transaction, please contact customer support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope this helps!

Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.