SCAMMED

Jomontes1
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a Ps5 to someone through the fb market.  They insisted on paying through paypal and sent me the money first.  I didn't think anything of it (stupid, in hindsight) and then we met up to make the transaction and the customer got his ps5.  About a week later, he puts in a dispute saying that the transaction was unauthorized.  I was asked to give in the proof that he paid for a ps5 that I DID give to him and I gave that proof (FB messages showing that we met up & he received it because I did not ship, so no tracking). 

The claim was decided against me and ended up being that I owe paypal money now which is **bleep**ed up because I wont even get my ps5 back.  On top of that, during the case, I called paypal multiple times and they reassured me each time that the debt will be cleared and i dont have to worry.  This was a lie because Now, few months later, paypal has put my account with debt collectors and I cant even talk to a person at paypal anymore. I have emailed and called numerous times to make sure this wouldnt happen and because of how irresponsive paypal is, now i have these debt collectors on my **bleep** for an amount i should not be paying at all.  Paypal, you are doing nothing to protect me or help me resolve the issue and that's ridiculous.  You are protecting a scammer and not even listening to me.  Does anyone know what i can do to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.