Getting paid from a buyer that still has my item?

mwssales2018
New Community Member

I sold an item through ebay on jan 7 2019.

The buyer claimed that the item was not what i stated it was.

The item was listed as a sheet of copper 13" X 10.25" X .130" thick

It is type C10700 copper and it is hard and easy to cut with a jig saw.

He wanted a refund so, i said to ship the item back since i paid for shipping to him.

I have had a paypal account since 2002.

I got an email from <removed> stating that they sent the money back to the customer because i didn't have an account set up???????

i thiught this was odd because ebay refunded my shipping money to my paypal account but paypal couldn't  put my payment through and said that the money wasn't claimed.?.? 

When i spoke the ebay rep. they told me that the buyer cancelled his payment and thats why i didn't get paid.

The reason why the buyer has the item in the first place is because i have the emails stating that i had received payment and should ship the item so, i did.

Now i have no money and no item. I have called ebay and paypal about this and they keep telling me to talk to the other guy.

This is the 4 time that i called each company and still no resolution. each one is saying that they did not send any e-mails about payment but i have emails from both of them about this transaction.

How do i get through to these people.

Paypal sent the money back before I would have gotten the item and the buyer emailed me telling me that i lied about the copper and i should chalk this up to experience. 

so he gets to keep the item that i asked him to return and he did not and he gets his money back.

What do i do next?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mwssales2018 

Did you check your PayPal to see if you received payment at all from the buyer before shipping at the time? Always do this, don't just believe emails because they can be faked.

What PayPal is saying is that the payment was not claimed so after 30 days it went back to the buyer or the buyer saw in their PayPal account that the funds were unclaimed and canceled it. To PayPal, the unclaimed funds appears as if you didn't have a PayPal account so you have to see what email address was used in your listing as the PayPal email address that's supposed to get the payment. Try relisting that item but not submitting it and see what PayPal email address was used in the listing.

I have heard of a case where someone sold something on eBay but the payment didn't go to their PayPal email address but to an entirely different PayPal email address the seller didn't even know. So there is some weirrrrrrd stuff going on. 

PayPal can certainly check if they sent out emails or not believe you me. They can tell whether you've read any of their policy announcements or not. As I am writing, I am getting chills up my spine. This story is so eerie.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.