Buyer can just claim unauthorized access and rip you off?

sx342
New Community Member

I had an eBay sale for a $60 digital item complete and an hour later the buyer said it was unauthorized - no proof or details at all of course. Not sure how a seller is supposed to deal with just easily being ripped off like that. There's people on eBay that sell thousands of these. I was selling one and wasn't even making money on the transaction - was just trying to recoup my costs for a subscription I accidentally bought two of. The buyer did not dispute delivery or whether the code worked, and I provided evidence (screenshots from the eBay messaging platform) so why wouldn't this be covered under seller protection? Paypal said absolutely nothing about it except that it shows it is "eligible" and then took my money anyway and left no way to even ask about it - just case closed. What good is seller protection if an "eligible" dispute results in you just being out all the money anyway? Seems like it is really easy to buy stuff on ebay and paypal and claim unauthorized access and get whatever you want for free. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.