Buyer ran off with money

BluxBaster32X
Contributor
Contributor

The other week, some buyer messaged me and was interested in my product. They said they were close and offered to make a local sale. I agreed and we met at my place to do the transaction. The buyer agreed on the sum of $1270 and made the payment when he got the item. Keep in mind that I have the full conversation recorded via screenshots and the buyer agreed to meet up and everything. Buyer came at the designated time. Buyer pays with Paypal G&S, retrieves the item, and drives off, payment successful. Not even 1 hour later, the buyer initiated an Unauthorized Charge claim. At that point, I was like what? And was literally fuming as I no longer have my item and no longer have the money. Few days later I contacted customer support via the message center. I provided them with screenshots and video, and all the evidence they could ever need. Note: I recorded the WHOLE transaction on video. I recorded the buyer pulling up to the driveway, and then telling me to put it into the truck, and then we went our separate ways. Buyer literally caught on camera taking the product, and later made an Unauthorized charge claim. Notice: The buyer made an Unauthorized Charge claim. The case was closed in their favor for guess what?: 'The case was closed in the sender's favor as a valid proof of shipment wasn't given.' Boom! This means the buyer did in fact authorize the charge, so his initial claim of unauthorized transaction was false. Then they claimed they didn't receive the item (End of case) . This can be interpreted as, 'I made the purchase, didn't receive the item, and filed an unauthorized transaction claim, because someone was on my account and I didn't approve of it. I want my money back.' . Case ended in 'The case was closed in the sender's favor as a valid proof of shipment wasn't given.' Meaning they DEFFFINITELY approved of the purchase because why would they say they didn't get anything if they didn't buy anything??Yet, I have concrete video evidence of them personally driving up to the driveway and picking up the item.  Now, the video I have no idea how to attach it to support my case because they'll only allow for images up to 10MB. Considering the video only has... literally no views, besides the 4 views I gave myself from showing it to other friends on a different device... I provided the video to the message center and they said they'll take a look at the information but they probably didn't, because if so, where the views at?

TL;DR: Buyer agreed to meet up at place. Met up, gave item to buyer, recorded whole transaction and them picking it up. Hour later file unauthorized transaction claim, case was closed, 'The case was closed in the sender's favor as a valid proof of shipment wasn't given.' Can be interpreted as, 'I bought an item and didn't receive it, and filed an unauthorized charge claim and won it because I didn't receive it even though I filed that someone made the purchase on my account without my permission'. Now how do I give the video to help with the case?

Very new to selling and stuff, so now I don't think I'll trust Paypal for local sales again.

Case is closed but the staff at Paypal probably don't know about the existence of the video because I didn't know how to attach it. When I replied to the case, I said 'Unable to provide video of transaction taking place/delivery' They probably thought I didn't have video/proof of the item delivery so they closed the case. Now how do I give them the video and get my money back? Literally lost $1.2k+, and they ran away with the product AND money. Wow. And paypal let them do that.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BluxBaster32X
Contributor
Contributor

Also, I found more evidence. In my DM's with the buyer, they provided a license plate AND car model. Then, a few minutes later, they pulled up with the exact car model and license plate. This meant that the buyer clearly drove up to my place, with the exact car and plate he said he was going to come in, and proceeded to go to my house with the car he told me about. Then, in the same video, I put the item into the trunk, as he instructed before in my DM's. I close it, and he proceeds off on his way. Hour later an unauthorized charge comes in. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.