Buyer claimed unauthorized Transaction

Ant129
New Community Member

I sold a Roblox account to a buyer via eBay which I provided the account information via email after the transaction completed.  PayPal authorized the transaction. 30 days later the buyer stated it was an unauthorized transaction.  I provided PayPal the transaction information showing the Roblox account information was provided via eBay email.  PayPal ruled in favor of the buyer.  I am now out the goods/roblox account and have to pay the money lost (double whammy).  Where is the seller protection?  Literally anyone can do this to a seller and the seller has no protection.  How is this legal?  Paypal should be on the hook for dealing with the buyer's bank/credit card company if someone stole their information and made an illegal purchase.  How can i fight this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ant129 

Not a great deal of seller protection for digital / virtual sales, your best bet is to go read up on it in paypals user agreement so you can risk assess any transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.