Who gave Paypal permission to send me verification codes via Whatsapp

Mft11
Contributor
Contributor

I always get the Paypal access verification codes by SMS. Today I suddenly get the code via Paypal's Whatsapp account instead. I never changed user settings on this matter and wasn't warned it was coming. Paypal agents out there, speak up: who authorised this? And if it's too embarrassing to mention who slipped up, answer the more important question: when are you integrating the option to choose between these methods?

Please don't answer by telling me it's 2021. We're dealing with monetary transactions here and we are customers of this transaction service; you clear these things with us first.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Temp20230422B
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me tonight.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Temp20230422B,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting here!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. PayPal will always notify you about your accounts activity via email or messages. You can always update your notification preferences in the settings page of your PayPal account. For any account specific assistance, please reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Wizzythumb
New Community Member

This is not a solution, the Notification settings in the account DO NOT offer an option to remove whatsapp.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.