I can't verify my account as I do not have the same phone number I registered with. What now ?

Temp20230909
New Community Member
I don't have the same phone number I registered with. What now ? Unable to verify my account
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Tomasliak1
New Community Member
Same with me my friend I don't know what to do
Login to Me Too

geyC
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem, as PayPal wanted to send a confirmation code to my old number which is not available

On PayPal's help page, it says you need to phone them to be able to change your phone number

But it seems it can be time-consuming and not very helpful

With that in mind, I opened a new account using another email and my new phone number

But I would like to get back into my old account, as it is set up on eBay and other affiliate places

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Temp20230909, @Tomasliak1 and @geyC 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community! I see you're trying to get access to your old PayPal account. To recover access to your old account, your best option would be contacting the team over phone. As you don't have your registered phone number to complete the security check, PayPal requires additional verification to validate the account holder over the phone. You can find the contact number by clicking the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of PayPal page. From there, if you click on 'Password and account access ' and then 'Login issues', you will see the number at the bottom of the page during business hours. 

Hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

geyC
Contributor
Contributor

Thank your for advice, I will check it out

Graham

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.