Are nickname accounts in Username and Surname changeable ever?

Thulani108
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys. Its me again with a username change issue still. So it seems it(nicknames to realnames) can't be changed, and instead resolution agent asked me to open a business account? Do I just close the account perhaps, and what hapens to the funds in the account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thulani108 

As Paypal is a legal financial account then you need your legal name on that account.

So the funds belong to the person named on that account who has a legal document to prove its their legal name.

If its a nickname and you have no legal document to prove that name is your legal name then sorry but I don't rate your chances of being able to access your money.

Only Paypal customer services can tell you for sure though OR seek legal advice?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Thulani108 and @kernowlass

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

As @kernowlass said, all PayPal accounts need to be registered in your legal name. @Thulani108, if you own a business, opening a business account is a great idea. You'll have the option to operate under a business name, but you will still initially set the account up under your legal name. Before closing your current account, you'll want to either withdraw your existing balance or transfer it to your new account. If your account was limited due to a fake name, you might need to wait until you receive an email stating you're eligible to withdraw.  

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.