New device detected error

bisonadam
New Community Member
A couple times now after making an online purchase, I've received an email stating that a new device login was detected. The device detected is my phone which I've used a lot with PayPal, the email also says the location is 150miles away from where I actually am. The time and date always match that of the purchase I just made. Just curious what's happening!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @bisonadam 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I see that you are concerned about the email you have received. No worries, this is for your account security, and this usually happens when our systems can’t identify whether you are trying to login to your account. In this situation, to be on the safe side, our security systems trigger the email to you. Rest assured; your transactions are safe with PayPal.

Should have further queries, please reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Best wishes!

- Mujahid

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.