Login security checks are ridiculous.

buckeyestargaze
Contributor
Contributor

Almost every time I try to login to my account, I have to go through a series of security tests.  These tests are the grid pattern of squares that say "click all the squares with motorcycles" or some other thing, and it takes me anywhere from 8-15 of these checks to actually log in to my account.  I am clearly choosing the correct squares each time and yet I have to do this time after time after time and it is REALLY frustrating.  

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  This started happening a few weeks ago and I have contacted Paypal twice and basically nothing has happened and they've brushed me off.  

Edit: and of course I had to do the security check squares thing just to post this message.  Sigh.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @buckeyestargaze

Thank you for returning to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry that it has to be under such frustrating circumstances. I'm sorry to hear that you're being passed through the security test multiple times.

The things that come to mind are the possibility that cookies are blocked, or corrupted, or your method of access.

Please first check to make sure that you're not blocking cookies from the PayPal site. Then also clear the cookies and cache in your browser and restart it. It may take two separate restarts to "take". Also make sure that you are accessing the account from a secure connection on a computer that you do not share, and without a VPN. VPNs are not permitted when using PayPal.

If all that has been checked and the issue persists, please contact Customer Service again, advise them of the troubleshooting that you have conducted and complete any further troubleshooting they recommend, and ask that they create a ticket with the details of the situation to be sent to our technicians for further review.

I hope that this is resolved swiftly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

buckeyestargaze
Contributor
Contributor

This keeps happening to me.  I just spent 10 minutes trying to login because I had to go through security check after security check after security check.  This time it was 22 security checks before I was able to log in.  To say this is frustrating is a huge understatement.  Sometimes if I abandon the security check thing altogether and open a new tab and try to login it will work without a security check, but most of the time this is not the case.  WHAT CHANGED IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS?  I never had this issue before a few weeks ago.  

Next time I'm going to get a video of my login attempts.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @buckeyestargaze

Thank you for returning to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry that it has to be under such frustrating circumstances. I'm sorry to hear that you're being passed through the security test multiple times.

The things that come to mind are the possibility that cookies are blocked, or corrupted, or your method of access.

Please first check to make sure that you're not blocking cookies from the PayPal site. Then also clear the cookies and cache in your browser and restart it. It may take two separate restarts to "take". Also make sure that you are accessing the account from a secure connection on a computer that you do not share, and without a VPN. VPNs are not permitted when using PayPal.

If all that has been checked and the issue persists, please contact Customer Service again, advise them of the troubleshooting that you have conducted and complete any further troubleshooting they recommend, and ask that they create a ticket with the details of the situation to be sent to our technicians for further review.

I hope that this is resolved swiftly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

buckeyestargaze
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion to clear cache and cookies.  After doing that I haven't had any security checks over the course of several days.  

Login to Me Too

FRIDAY23
New Community Member

I have tried to contact them as well regarding this issue. This problem ties me up for at least 10 mins and i just dont have that everytime i login. Not to mention it logs me out so fast , i have no choice to but go through these tests. Same as you, i do them exactly, unexactly no matter what it goes through at least 10, and again once i complete to say im a human. They need to update this security check to an professional system. This isnt it. Something has to be done here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.