Asks for verification code every time I login

Calavera86
Contributor
Contributor
Every single time I login to PayPal it asks to send me a verification code. Even though I have fingerprint login on my phone and 2 factor verification switched off. It is the same trusted devices I'm using. Does anyone know how to stop this?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Ayesha

Hey @Calavera86,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about the verification code. Please be informed that to deliver a secure service, we may ask you to confirm your identity. We do this to make sure it's you, using the PayPal account. We'll also ask if we see new or unusual activity, like a login from a different location. Unfortunately, we won't be able to stop the codes.

Good Luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kanga85
Contributor
Contributor

I have used PayPal for years without a mobile phone.   Now it asks me for one.   I am 88 years old and do not use an iphone.   I now enquire of Paypal what I should do, and ask them to send the answer to my email address.   They send an email to my email account, telling me that I should log into my Paypal account to read their answer.   I cannot log into my Paypal account which apparently has information about how to log into my Paypal account without an iphone.   Presumably this means I stop using PayPal.   I have asked to be emailed directly  If anyone has a solution , but PayPal does not allow this, so I don't know how I will get to read your reply.

What a circus!   You have to logon to find out how to logon!

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @kanga85,

Welcome to our community help forum and thank you for your post!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. PSD2 introduces further security requirements for making electronic payments, accessing your account or making changes to your account in order to reduce the risk of fraud. This is an authentication process that validates your identity when you are using any payment service. You need to add and confirm a mobile number to access your PayPal account. Here's how to add and confirm your phone number in your PayPal account.

I know how important to get back to your account. For help with accessing your PayPal account, your best option would be to reach out to us over the phone. I recommend you to click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. you will see "Call Us" option at the bottom of the page during working hours. Please give us a call so that our team will help you to access your account. 

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

targetjoss
Contributor
Contributor

i have a issued with verification message , can help me change phone number into my email?

Login to Me Too

kanga85
Contributor
Contributor

Not helpful!

Login to Me Too

SergiyKo

I tried to call. It send verification number to my lost phone number. NOT helpful

Login to Me Too

anthimatter
New Community Member
Yep, it's super annoying and will be the one thing that makes me inevitably get rid of PayPal. It's the number one reason why I hardly use it any more. My banks don't even do this. There are so many other options out there now. Better options.
Login to Me Too

roybaybaybay
Contributor
Contributor
The same issue here. Using the same network, the same mobile device - if I force close the PayPal App or swipe it out of my recent apps, I have to reauthenticate with second factor after login every single time. My banking apps don't need this. What's going on? I now prefer just paying by card, it's so much faster and more convenient.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.