How can I change my name on PayPal from nickname to legal if the account has been limited?

Audronė
New Community Member

I already attempted to change my name twice and have had no success. I submitted all the needed information and after waiting for about two weeks I received no response or update.

I am currently in the process of attempting to withdraw all my funds from the account, but I am unable to add my credit card due to the name indifference between the nickname and my legal name.

I would also like to add that communication with PayPal, after my account limitation, has become impossible. They ignored my message in resolution center and I am unable to contact them in no official way. My only left option is community help.

And yes, I have waited well over 180 days after receiving my account limitation.

I'm asking for immediate assistance as I have been dealing with this for a very long time with no results whatsoever.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Audronė 

Try contacting PayPal through Facebook or Twitter.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Audronė 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

However if the ''nickname'' is an abbreviation of your real name ie you are using Rich instead of Richard then they may support that change, but not a complete name that is totally different from your legal name. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.