Error when confirming email

DmytroCommunity
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I’m asking for help because I can’t confirm my new email address. I’m getting a message “something wrong on our side, try again later”. Whe I’m adding another email it works. But the specific email it doesn’t get. How to fix this?
I tried many browsers, locations and computers, tried to delete the email, and eve delete I can’t. And of course it’s impossible to reach support in this “service”. My hope on you, good and wise community🙏

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi   @DmytroCommunity 

Welcome to community.

I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance.

Renuka.

Login to Me Too

DmytroCommunity
Contributor
Contributor

AS I wrote below , I can’t reach them. There is only automatic answers from robots. Can you help me as PayPal employee?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DmytroCommunity,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're seeing an error, and that you've had difficulty contacting Customer Service. I'll definitely try to help.

There are a couple of possibilities that I can think of. 

The first one is that though there's a generic error showing instead of the usual, more descriptive one, the problem may be that the email address has been used on a different account. In this situation, Customer Service would be needed for looking into whether that account is one you control or not, and if not, if it's one that has not been confirmed or used. If it's one that is not confirmed or used, it's possible that someone typed in the wrong email address at account signup, and the teammate may be able to forward it for review to possibly be closed. (I recognize that you've had difficulty contacting Customer Service through the Contact page. Can you describe the issue that you're having getting through?)

Another possibility is that, if the domain type of the email address is not of a type that is traditionally seen (such as .com, .net or any of the other kinds typically seen), the domain suffix may not be supported. For security reasons, please don't post the whole email address here - but if it is a less well-known type of domain, it's possible that it may not be able to be used.

The last possibility that comes to mind is that there may be a space, before, after, or within the email address you're trying to add. If that is the case, it may be causing the error.

I hope this information is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.