Contact name change uncertainty

Renqi
Contributor
Contributor

Good eve,

I have two (legal/registered, I figured I have to specifically mention this) first names; I only used the first one in Paypal, but my bank account registered both first names (and I need the two account names to be exactly the same, otherwise I cannot withdraw my money). So, I requested that my contact name has changed, sent 3 documents (one of them being my passport) and it's been a week already. I heard that Paypal doesn't say anything about the process and will only email you once the name's successfully changed, but I worry that I might get misunderstood and that they might ignore my request; looking at past forum topics, I worry that it might take months.

Just want to make sure I'm clicking the right categories, I'm new to microtransactions. Hopefully I get a response soon, I've been anxious for days already. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Renqi 

They do take a while and normally you only know when you see the name on your account.

Contact for an update?

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Renqi 

I have 2 names (first ones) on my bank account + my husbands name as well as its a joint account. But my paypal account is in my name only with just 1 first name, never had a problem withdrawing funds.

Have you tried to withdraw a small amount to test it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Renqi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Hello, thanks for your response!

More like I can't link it (otherwise it'll take a long time to transfer, as I was told), especially in GCash (mobile wallet in my country, which we use often) – I've already contacted them a week ago to remove my 2nd first name but they wouldn't allow me, and suggested that I make changes on Paypal instead. Since we use GCash more often than actual bank transfers, I honestly wouldn't mind the trouble making account changes in Paypal.

Is there a way to know if Paypal has received my name change request? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Renqi 

They do take a while and normally you only know when you see the name on your account.

Contact for an update?

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Renqi
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for your response, I didn't know that they can respond through Facebook or Twitter; I've sent them a message now. Will be sending an update here about whatever happens in case someone's in a similar situation!

Login to Me Too

Renqi
Contributor
Contributor

Finally had my name changed; they were very responsive in Facebook. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.