Confirmed charity status

ieaccess
New Community Member

My account is not yet listed in the PalPal database of registered charities, even though I submitted my docs and received an email on November 19 that stated, "Welcome to PayPal! We're proud that you've chosen us to support your important work, and we want to make it a little easier to get started. Because the business is a registered charity, your account is receiving our discounted rate. Your fee for online payments has been adjusted to 1.99% + $0.49 per transaction. This change has already been noted on your PayPal account." I need my charity to be added to the PayPal list of registered charities please so that I can start a GoFundMe campaign for my charity.

A clue to the problem might be that, although I received the email on November 19 stating that my charity was confirmed, my charity still appears to be unconfirmed in the PayPal web interface (see attached photo). When I click on "Confirm your charity" I get this screen, which has been like this for a few weeks now (see attached other photo).

This makes me think that there is something stuck in the approval process. I got the approval email but it seems something remains to be done on PayPal's end so that my charity is fully confirmed and listed in PayPal's database of approved charities.

What else do I need to do? Thanks for any help.Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 10.15.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-25 at 10.15.15 AM.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @ieaccess,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had, I can understand how frustrating that is to have to work through. My recommendation, in this case, is to contact the customer support team directly to work on a way to find a resolution to the issue.  You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. 

Good luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Salemgirl
New Community Member

Have you been able to resolve your issue? I have the exact same problem.  I received the email that says exactly what yours did.  Also on the main page, it says 'confirm your charity'.  When I click on that it takes me to another page and it states that they will send an email within 3 days.  It's been a couple of weeks and no change.  Let me know how you got help.  I've tried sending a message and they even asked for a screen shot of the email.  I sent it but still nothing has changed.  Frustrating! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.