Accidentally confirmed US taxpayer status

Maxim_613
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community! I am a citizen of Armenia, temporarily resident of neighboring Georgia. I have never been in US, don't have a business in US, don't have a Green Card and am not a US taxpayer. But while linking my Payoneer account to my PayPal account, I received a US taxpayer status confirmation message and accidentally clicked on the message in the PayPal message center. In the same moment I got the message – “Thank you for confirmed you US taxpayer status”. But I didn't think it would be confirmed by pressing one button. I thought that I would be transferred to some page where I could find out what to do if I am not a US taxpayer. And only after that I saw a letter in the mailbox, with an explanation of what is mind. How can I fix this problem? What documents and where I should fill out, since I am not a US taxpayer? I'm 50+ years old. When I try to write about my problem to the assistance through the message center, I only get messages every time that now all the operators are busy and no one can answer my message. This has been going on for 3 days since I accidentally verified my US tax status. What I need to do now to confirm that I am not a US taxpayer?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Maxim_613 

Thank you for wiring in the PayPal Community!

I understand your concern about mistakenly confirming the US taxpayer status in your PayPal account. In this case, I would suggest you to reach out to PayPal support tam to get this checked further. You can refer this article to find the contact options to reach PayPal team : How do I contact PayPal customer service?

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Maxim_613 

Thank you for wiring in the PayPal Community!

I understand your concern about mistakenly confirming the US taxpayer status in your PayPal account. In this case, I would suggest you to reach out to PayPal support tam to get this checked further. You can refer this article to find the contact options to reach PayPal team : How do I contact PayPal customer service?

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Maxim_613
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer and for link! I solved the problem as follows - I found and downloaded CFS (Certificate of Foreign Status) form from PayPal, filled it out and sent it to one of the e-mail address indicated in this form. Also duplicated through the message center, writing at non busines hours. It was only at non business hours I got a message box up where I could write and attach a file. Two days later I received a response that my NON US taxpayer status was confirmed.
Here link to CFS form. https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/why-do-i-need-to-complete-a-certificate-of-foreign-status-c...
That's all!

Login to Me Too

Maxim_613
Contributor
Contributor

But I spent a lot of time to find the CFS form by myself. I think it would be nice if all the links and explanations of how and what needs to be confirmed were in the letter that comes to the mail.
I also think that confirming the status of US taxpayer with the click only one button in a message on the PayPal message center is not best solution. It was very unexpected!

Wish a nice day and less trubles for everyone!

Login to Me Too

hgokoglu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Maxim_613 
I checked the link you shared but I don't see a form. It says "Complete the Certificate of Foreign Status by filling out CFS form for individuals." but where is the form or the link to reach the form? Please advise, thank you. @PayPal_Bindu 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @hgokoglu

Welcome back to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty locating the Certificate of Foreign Status form. I recommend viewing the Help Center article @Maxim_613 linked, as well as contacting a tax advisor to ensure you're uploading the correct form for your situation. After you've determined which form you need, you should be able to download it from IRS.gov by searching for it in the upper right corner. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.