Confirm Taxpayer Status - Account on hold

DrewScalia
Contributor
Contributor

"Confirm Taxpayer Status" but clicking says "We’re updating your account Thanks for confirming your US taxpayer status. We should have things wrapped up within 15 minutes." 5 days with no change. I need my account unheld - HELP!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @DrewScalia

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry you're having difficulty updating your taxpayer status. I recommend double-checking your Resolution Center to see if you need to submit any additional documentation. If everything has been submitted, then there's a chance your documents need to be manually reviewed, which can cause a delay. When documents need to be manually reviewed, they're worked in the order they are received. You'll receive an emailed update as soon as the review is complete. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and I hope you hear an update soon. 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

DrewScalia
Contributor
Contributor

I've checked the resolution center, I've uploaded documents, I've spoken to people on the phone, I've sent hateful tweets and exchanged private messages on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and ALL I'M EVER TOLD IS THAT "IT'S BEEN REPORTED TO THE BACK END AND I SHOULD WAIT 24-48 HOURS" It's been over a week with absolutely nothing - I'm going to start calling lawyers on Monday if I'm not given SOMETHING - ANYTHING - a HINT of ANYTHING.  I've never been treated so poorly by an organization in my life.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.