Payment has been on hold after i shipped package?

sjlennon23
New Community Member

About a week and a half ago, i shipped a gameboy that i sold on ebay. After about 5 or 6 days, i contacted the person that i sent the gameboy too via ebay mail and they said to me that they got it and would leave feedback. When i shipped the package, i didnt use a printable shiping label, i just went to the post office and wrote down the adress of my buyer. Now even after contacting my buyer, my funds are still being held and i dont know why or what i can do in order to get my money for the gameboy. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
196 REPLIES 196

laska
Contributor
Contributor
Your buyer needs to leave you feedback or you need to prove delivery confirmation to PayPal. Did you ship with delivery confirmation?
Login to Me Too

rponder

I shipped item and they got it within 4 days with signature required. Grant you it has only been 6 days however they put a hold for 21 days. The problem with this is, if it is electronic the so called customer could have used them, lost them or someone stole the item. What recourse do we have. This is not a good policy, understand their intent however 21 days is very steep hold.

Not a good option and I will not ship to a hold on funds anymore period.

Login to Me Too

thebestdriver
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently PayPal started holding payments for 21 days or until delivery was confirmed or if buyer left feedback - whichever comes first.  I don't like this policy, since it seems to place too much trust in the buyer, and does not give credit to long-term sellers.  This may be part of a strategy by PayPal to get everyone's bank account info.  I don't like it, and wish there was a more friendly alternative to PayPal(NOT).  Tom

Login to Me Too

michelle0511
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly why I will not sell through eBay anymore.  I had a ring in an auction, and I ended it, because.  I had money being held.  I talked to the buyer of my last item.  She received it.  It didn't fit her right ( it was a bathing suit) and she wasn't going to leave feedback because she didn't like the  way the suit fit her.  Your money is being held, and the buyer has all the power to release it  and wont.   That's wrong.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

If you have more than 9 feedbacks as a seller in the last 6 months you can use paymate that's what I'm going with. .Im a new seller ebay forces all new sellers to use paypal you have no other choice until you get nine feedback.And i must ship let the buyer have it.And i get my money not even after i gave them and paypal tracking info showing them it has been delivered .Still paypal HAS MYYYYYYY MONEY AND I CAN'T GET IT UNTIL THE BUYERS GIVE ME FEEDBACK.What country are we in guys how can a company get away with this

Login to Me Too

Brinzen
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the paymate info. i trust when more people become aware of paymate, they'll transfer over. When we kick paypal where it hurts, they see their dumbness. Paypal/eBay should wait tillbuyer & seller get their money before dipping for their cut. PayPal/eBay are mere middle men!

Login to Me Too

jvaldez

I'm in the same situation, and believe this will be my last transtaction with paypal.

I dont trust shipping my items without receiving my funds, but it seems like we can't touch OUR legal money until the Buyer decides to leave positive feedback or get's the item and then we have to wait 3 day's after the item is deliver with confirmation so we can then wait 48 hours for them to transfer the funds into out accounts, this is total BS and it seems like it's going to become a bigger issue to those sellers that need their legal funds asap.

I'm not a happy Guy right now.

Login to Me Too

moodybluesfan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in a similar situation only my buyer left positive feedback immediately after receiving the item. It's been a week since he left the feedback and the payment is still pending.

Login to Me Too

moodybluesfan
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I emailed Paypal and got an email back telling me to call them on their toll free number so I did and they resolved the issue immediately.  I wasn't expecting them to be that efficient. When i wrote my previous message,  I didn't even know they had a toll free number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.