Need Dispute Help

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I need help on a dispute charge.  I'm going to try and make a long story short.

Around the 20th of November I purchased 5 items from the same seller on Ioffer.  So I pay for the item and then within minutes the seller leaves me negative feedback?  I thought maybe it was a mistake so I contacted him and his only reply was the "Thanks".  I write again and ask when the items will be shipped and the response this time is "No".  Sent several more e-mails and found a really quick to respond seller, the days prior, ignoring my e-mails.  After about a week of no responses from the seller along with him closing his ioffer account I filed a dispute for non-received items.  A package shows up at my door and I sign for it.  It's a package from the seller with 2 pieces of cardboard wrapped in bubble wrap with paper shoved in the sides for weight.  Package gets shown as delivered and I lose the dispute.   I opened a charge back on the purchase but now PayPal has issued the charge back against the wrong seller.  The problem is there were 2 transactions for the exact same amount within 3 days of each other.  Even though I have my charge back for and it list I put in the correct information on the seller including his name a good seller now has a charge back against him and I don't know what to do.  Do I close the dispute and now I am out money as I can not dispute the same charge twice with my bank or do you think someone at PP can correct the mistake?  I spent almost three hours on the phone today with an overseas PP calling center but of course after waiting 90 minutes for an agent and another hour on the phone with Catalina and Hector the only advice was to close the dispute against the wrong seller and hope PayPal would give me an appeal.  Of course you know it will not go in my favor and I will be left the victim. 

Any help or input is appreciated.  Just in case these forums get checked out by PP employees could you take a look into case:  PP-849-282-351 (this is where the WRONG seller has a dispute against him)

PP-836-185-419 (this is the transaction where I got scammed)

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Still in need of help, as you can see I am not getting anywhere with PayPal............

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Another phone call, at least this time the wait time was ok, and another response that I should close the dispute with my bank because of their error and let PayPal review it to decide.  Is this acceptable to most people here?

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How would admins feel if they were a seller, did everything they were supposed to do, and never had a charge back filed against them only to wake up one morning and realize they now have a charge back on their account that was not filed against them.  Paperwork is for another vendor yet they are being penalized even after being notified of the error?  I am close to calling the FTC to figure out if there is any agency willing to call in for me to get there attention.  I feel terrible a good seller is being penalized and there is nothing I can do.

Login to Me Too

handerson
New Community Member

This is so rediculous - I totally agree - I hate dealing with paypal - you never get anyone who speaks clear english - and they do not help or do their job either - I have had SOOO many issues with paypal - but I have to get paid online for my home business - so I have no other options at the moment.. My current issue that I can not get an answer for is titled "Paypal debit card / billing address" just posted today ...

So I know how u feel - one time I had a customer buy from me - I sale personalized invites on my own website and off ebay - anyways - I had a customer buy $70 worth of custom personalized invites .. she paid ... I provided a proof .. she approved .. I printed and shipped .... WELL .... 2 months later - I get a paypal dispute charge back - she was claiming she has no idea what this charge on her account was for!

I provided proof to paypal of her order - emails between us- a copy of the proof of the invite she ordered with her sons photo on them and address - proof of shipping and delivery ... WELL

Paypal took 4 months to INVESTIGATE the issue ---

And awared it in HER favor and I lost the $70!!

THAT'S IS PAYPAL

They do not care or help.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

At least I am not the only one frustrated.  Too bad they are not learning from GM as sometimes being the biggest is not a good thing if you don't have a good product.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is so sad....... can no one help me?

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

hoping for a response from anyone that can help.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I give up, I simply can not understand the purpose of these forums if there is no help to be presented to members.  The admins here have dodged this question for days while a good seller suffers.  I am going to take action myself by re-paying the good seller and dealing with the bad one through interpol, ic3, and a complaint with my bank.  This is disturbing to see no admin here cares.  Save your time posting anything here and just move on to an active forum with how to deal with your situations.

Login to Me Too

coffee2u2
Contributor
Contributor

@BigKahuna97 wrote:

I need help on a dispute charge.  I'm going to try and make a long story short.

Around the 20th of November I purchased 5 items from the same seller on Ioffer.  So I pay for the item and then within minutes the seller leaves me negative feedback?  I thought maybe it was a mistake so I contacted him and his only reply was the "Thanks".  I write again and ask when the items will be shipped and the response this time is "No".  Sent several more e-mails and found a really quick to respond seller, the days prior, ignoring my e-mails.  After about a week of no responses from the seller along with him closing his ioffer account I filed a dispute for non-received items.  A package shows up at my door and I sign for it.  It's a package from the seller with 2 pieces of cardboard wrapped in bubble wrap with paper shoved in the sides for weight.  Package gets shown as delivered and I lose the dispute.   I opened a charge back on the purchase but now PayPal has issued the charge back against the wrong seller.  The problem is there were 2 transactions for the exact same amount within 3 days of each other.  Even though I have my charge back for and it list I put in the correct information on the seller including his name a good seller now has a charge back against him and I don't know what to do.  Do I close the dispute and now I am out money as I can not dispute the same charge twice with my bank or do you think someone at PP can correct the mistake?  I spent almost three hours on the phone today with an overseas PP calling center but of course after waiting 90 minutes for an agent and another hour on the phone with Catalina and Hector the only advice was to close the dispute against the wrong seller and hope PayPal would give me an appeal.  Of course you know it will not go in my favor and I will be left the victim. 

Any help or input is appreciated.  Just in case these forums get checked out by PP employees could you take a look into case:  PP-849-282-351 (this is where the WRONG seller has a dispute against him)

PP-836-185-419 (this is the transaction where I got scammed)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.