From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

really
Contributor
Contributor

what a long story.  issue resolved?

Login to Me Too

jff91462
Contributor
Contributor

:smileymad: Im irritated.. I already shipped all My sold items and "BANG", I get shot down with this.  I like to sell and use the money to buy other stuff on here. I spend a lot of money on here and am **bleep** they are freezing My money!!Man Mad I have perfect feedback and lots of times I give free shipping and extra items!

RELEASE MY MONEY &  INCLUDE ANY INTEREST IVE ACCRUED IN THE INTERIM...

~Signed~  jff914_62  Ebay Seller!

Login to Me Too

Temp20230601K
Contributor
Contributor
why dont we all just create a bunch of bogus paypal accounts that will keep them busy for a while trying to sort out which ones are real and not
Login to Me Too

Braatenrgb
Contributor
Contributor

Sign me up,let me know cause right about know I'm so fed up with PayPal & eBay. 

Login to Me Too

thecoldclown
Contributor
Contributor

ebay and paypal  are   a  joke  iv  beenm on  paypal  for  4 years - ok - i sold a  $300  dollar   wii  set- up  buiyer  pays   ok  -   paypal  wants  me  to  spend  the  $50-60  to  ship the  item  and  in  turn they  wil lhold the   funds  for up  to  21  days lol  i think n not  so i told the  guy this  in  turn he  got  a very  nasty  smart  mouth ok here sthe  kicker   he  filed  with ebay  - in  turn  ebay  said  since  i  didnt  have  delivery confirmatio n #  they  weer  refunding  his  $$ back  and  charging  it  to my  credit  card  on  file    w/t/f/!  that  might be ok  sepot  the  fact  that  payapl is  stil lholding  my  f/king  $$$ so   i have  the  $$  removed form  my  credit card  on  ebay   and  at  the  same  time  paypal is  holding the funds  so igot  f/ked 2x!!!!!!!  and  the  funds  wont  release til  the  30th  yet  my  car d ahas already been  charged!  so ebay  gets there  $$  paypal is  holding  my  $$$$$$  and  the  buyer  got   a refund  well  i guess  f/k  me!!!!--  here s  another  kicker  i sdsold  a junk  $10 ps  console  -    ok-  i  shipped it  w/  a delivery conf  -the  conf.  for  some reason  isnt  hsowing  up   now  to boot  this guy  was  a  9    feedback /  1  month olfd ebay  user  /unverified  -  but  ebay  said  i still had to  shiop to him since  he  won  yet paypal  wont  coverm  cause  hes  unverifeid!!!- but  to to  toip  it  he waited  a  month for  a  3-4  day item [ priorty ]  before  filing  -  i offed  a  sust.  /  a  discount /  a  part   and  cash [ said  he  needed  part] and  he  neve r replied  then  he  just  escalted  so  again  paypal  takeds my  funds  now  they  are  holding  #2  of  my  funds  and  they  say  when we  see  it been  deliverd  well  relaease  them  ?-what!- its  been  amonth for  a 3 day  item   i htink its  los  not  my  fault  he  didnt  buy ins!  and  yet  the usps says they  cant  helkp me  cause i  made  a slip  thru  paypal !!  and  paypal is  saying  well i need  proof  ? what  the **bleep**  kingdo f  proof  am isuppoe dto get ??????/i  posted delivery  #  what do ihave to hand  dleiver so in  the  process  of  2  deals  backj k to back  payapl is  **bleep**ing me  over!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

toddfrog07

Just walk away from Ebay and Paypal.  They have gotten too big for their britches and are detrimental to all my sales as well even with %100 feedback.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230601K
Contributor
Contributor

now im reall confused with paypal my mother in law opened an ebay/paypal account and sold a few things today she logged in to paypal and her account is restricted they want invoices social security card drivers license copy and credit card statement now she sold a few of her things that she doesnt use or want any more why in the **bleep** do they want these things i told her not to give them anything since they are holding her few hundred dollars hostage paypal what the **bleep** do you think you are doing besides destroying yourself

Login to Me Too

katie28401
Contributor
Contributor

at present i am a buyer...thinking of becoming a seller    i dont understand if they  hold back funds why they dont release shipping funds right away...that is crucial to your business

i always leave positive feedback....once in a great while i will leave a 3 on item described but thats as low as it has had to go

had no idea that funds were being withheld....but can understand the need of protection the buyer needs and ebays insurance that sellers do their job.....unfortunately one bad seller makes it rough on everybody else

not missing the point... it seems like holding funds that long is a bit drastic especially when item has been received

i really had no idea what sellers went through  ....

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Katie! Sellers didn't use to go through this. It is NOT about buyer protection, it is

NOT about how good of a seller you are. They just started this last bit of craziness

that is **bleep** sellers off in the extreme, but they have been working up to it this past

year by increasing fees and naming only certain sellers 'top sellers'. If you read past

emails regarding the holding of funds, it started right after ebay paypal collected THEIR

money from sellers and right before Christmas. Most of these sellers that are so upset

had tons of points and 100% feedback, so how is that protecting the

buyers from bad sellers? These people are good sellers! I know I was.

Login to Me Too

thecoldclown
Contributor
Contributor

OK FOR HTSOE  CURIOUS  HERES  SOME  REASONS  -NOT  TO  SELL!--  EBAY~  35  CENT  LISTING  FEES  / 9%  FINAL  VALUE  FEES  -    IF  A  CLAIM IS  FILED  AGAINST  YOU  EBAY  WILL  REFUND  THE  BJYER  TO  YOUR  CREDIT  OR  BANK  ACCOUNT  WHILE  PAYAPL  HAS  YOU  $$ !!!  -- PAYAPL  - HOLDS  FUNDS FOR  21  DAYS  DELIVERY CONF   OR  NOT  - 3%  FEE[NOTE  W/  EBAY  THATS  12%  I N FEES  ]   EVEN IF  FUNDS  ARE  RERALEASED   BUYER  HAS  45  DAYS!  [ 45] TO FILE  A CLAIM   ON ANY  ITEM   SO  EVEN IF  YOU  GET  YOUR  $$ IN  21   THE BUYE R STIL LHAS  3  WEKS  +-  TO FILE  ACLAIM  WHERE  PAYUPAL  WILL  REVOKE THE  FUND S PUT THEM ON HOLD  AND  THAT CANT TAKE  MONTHS  TO  RESOLVE W. THE  BUYER  - 100% OF    NOT  A S DESCRIBED  CASES  ARE  FOR THE  BUYER   YOU  CANNOT  WIN IF  YOU  SELE [  PAYPAL  REPS  WORDS]  SIMPLY  THE  CUSTOME R IS  RIGHT !--I-----------EBAY  AND  PAYPAL  TOGTHER - OK BOTH CHARGE YOU  A FEE     AND  YET  THEY  ARE  RUN  BY  THE  SAME  COMPANY!-  EBAY  MAKES  YOU  STAE  YES OR  NO  YOUL L TAKE  RETURNS  - EVEN IF  YOU  STATE  NO  ON  EBAY  PAYAPL  WILL  REVOKE THAT  AND  REFUND THE  BUYE R!--   NOW  WITH  EBAY  ALSO  HANDLONG  THE  CAES  IT  WORKS  LIKE THIS  AND I KNOW  HTEY   GOT MY $ RIGHT NOW  -    I SOLD  AND  HSIPPED A  $300  DOLLAR  WII  SYSTEM  SET-UP  NO  CONF.  BUYER  FILED  OK -    EBAY  REFUNDED  THE  BUYER   BY  PULLING  FUNDS  OFF  MY  CREDIT  CARD  ON FILE ! PROBLEM BEING    PAYPAL IS  STIL LHOLDING  MY  $300  SO IM OUT  THE  WII  SYTEM  =  $300 +  YTHE  $300  EBAY  TOOK  +   FOR NOW  THE  $300 PAYAPL IS HOLDINFGG SO I GOT  EBAY  AND  PAYPAL  HOLDING  OR  TAKINMG MY $$$$$ SO  WHILE  EBAY  REFUNDS  / PAYAPL  STIL LHOLDS  IT  YOU  GET  **bleep**ED   2X!!!!!!!  -- IM DONR  SELLING 4EVER-  IM GOING TO  AMAZON  AND  TAKING  GOOGLE  PAYMENT S  F/K  EBAY  AND  F/K  PAYPAL    - THE  ONLY  ONE S THAT  SELL  ARE  THSOE  IN  HONG  KONG !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.