From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

bettelman

I requested paypal send me a check and It has been over 23 days and I still haven't received my check. What is going on. Has anyone else had this problem...I need help

Login to Me Too

bikerman1900
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY COMPANY DO BUSINESS THIS WAY.  I JUST SOLD A 150.00 RECEIVER ON EBAY AND THE GUY HAD TO PAY SHIPPING OF 35.00, NOTHING AGAINST THE BUYER, BUT I HAVE A DISPUTE WITH A SELLER, BECAUSE HE DID NOT SHIP ME THE ITEM THAT I PAID FOR.  SO, WHY THE HELL AM I PENALIZED FOR HIS "NOT SHIPPING MY ITEM, OR NOT GETTING BACK IN CONTACT WITH ME!..PAYPAL IS CRAZY IF THEY THINK THIS IS FAIR BUSINESS.  I HAD TO GO INTO MY CHECKING JUST TO SHIP THE RECEIVER....WHILE I HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIS FEEDBACK...BEFORE I GET MY MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT......REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Waiting

I am very annoyed because Pay pal took my money, but because they are holding it the seller will not ship.  I feel like they are trying to make an extra buck by being slow.  This makes me reluctant to use them in the future.  I have already paid what possible reason could they have not to pass the money on to the seller.  I thought that the whole purpose for paypal was fast transfer of funds.

Login to Me Too

ITTamer
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a mail I sent out to my customer and many others:

Dear customers, friends and Blind Carbon Copy victims,

I am sorry for the delay in shipment. PayPal has seen fit to freeze my and many others' accounts in such a way that we cannot even ship you your orders until the buyer leaves positive feedback on the transaction.

That is all you really need to know I guess.

My sincerest apologies. It will be to you within 7 business days.

There will follow an explanation of the problem.

Not intrested? Delete this message. Ping me back, if you want. I want to help others avoid this situation.

I Think I should stop using PayPal and start using 5 PayPal alternatives (Link to CNN article)

It seems to me that if they are going to freeze money for safety (which I agree with as a buyer) they could at least allow you to buy the shipping label with a credit card or linked bank account. I really don't have a problem with them making a few bucks in interest, but with that kind of free money pouring in they could hire a programmer to give you the alternative of paying with your credit card or linked bank account.

But No. And as a seller I then have to inform you the buyer that the shipment is delayed and I get negative feedback.
That will kill future sales.

If you don't have a high enough balance in your PayPal account before you sold the item, it will take at least 3 days to transfer the money out of my checking account to pay pal to pay for shipping. Why not instant? 

Here is a nice newsgroup thread with others with the same issue: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay/From-Now-On-I-Am-Not-Going-To-Ship-Items-If-Funds-Are-On-Ho...

If I go to the UPS store rather than printing online it costs $20 more to ship it. (Big item) Which is a really nice discount, so in the future I will anticipate this and xfer money enough to ship the item when I list the item. I don't have any profit on this item needless to say.

I wouldn't be so upset except for the customer service fiasco that occured when I tried to call their support to see if there was something we coud do to expidite the process.
I called PayPal support about the issue. 2 hours and 8 call transfers!
  1. I was first hung up on.
  2. Then when I called back and waited three long wait periods. I was now late for an appointment (unemployed recently, 2 kids, mortgage, you get the picture) I was told they were researching the issue. The phone went dead again. Then...
  3. ...I heard a click and another voice.  I ws connected Kay in ?!?!ebay support!?!?, who asked again who I was then I explained again,
  4. xfer to Deb in Disputes, who asked again who I was then I explained again, she transferred me to collections saying they could take a credit card to add money I could use to pay the shipping.
  5. The man I got there, who asked again who I was then I explained again, said he could only take my card if I have a negative balance and then only to zero it out. I was being nice about this and
  6. the guy transferred me to someone named Tom, who asked again who I was then I explained again. He told me that it had to do with the shipping agreement with UPS, promised me that he would put $65 into my account to cover the shipping
He said that he would bring my ideas up to someone who cared. I thanked him and hung up as I was speeding down the road to my appointment, late. As of now the cash hasn’t happened but it’s only been 6 hours or so. He said it would be there in the morning.

Thanks for reading, 

Login to Me Too

ITTamer
Contributor
Contributor

Well, no $65 dollars as promised in my account. I guess I am back on the phone today. If they would have at least told me that they could do nothing I would have transfered some money from my  checking account, but now it just another say delay.

Login to Me Too

ITTamer
Contributor
Contributor

So, PayPal came through for me! Yes! I received the $65 in my paypal account to cover the shipping. I can now ship my package and be rid of this issue. Although I am sure that the funds will remain on hold days after it has arrived. Luckily I don't need the money right away, but it would be nice. Apparently we can use linked checking account or credit card to pay for USPS shipping labels, but not UPS labels. I also couldn't use the USPS labels because my package was 82 pounds. I think the USPS limit is 70 lbs?

They are working on only holding the portion of the item that relates to the purchase, rather than the shipping, according to Berna in customer service. I think that would be fair.

www.ittamers.com

Login to Me Too

montanayankee
Contributor
Contributor

@ITTamer wrote:

I Think I should stop using PayPal and start using 5 PayPal alternatives (Link to CNN article)

Thanks for the link, Tamer. I'll check it out.

Login to Me Too

lcspendn
Contributor
Contributor

i have been thinking about selling....am shocked at so many probs for sellers....

who are you? whats the prob.. geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz--i 'm afraid i wouldnt survive that!

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

The problems are

1) the fees for selling have grown to impossible to make money

2) they are now holding sellers money and not releasing it for up to and sometimes

beyond 21 days. They are supposedly doing this only to sellers that have issues,

but most of us don't have issues. I have been with paypal and ebay for years and have

1490 pts, 100% feedback and a DSR above 4.5, but they did it to me.

3) they are not truthful

4) they started doing this the week before Christmas

5) they are not the companies they used to be

Login to Me Too

StealingMoney
Contributor
Contributor

yes they have been been with ebay/paypal for years selling only when i needed money but have stopped when my account got seized with 1400 in it yes its me again back from the banned which is getting really annoying they limited my other ebay account because i didnt have a paypal account but the funny thing is it took them 2 weeks to finally realize it atleast i now have no more ebay account remember there are several more sites out there and a **bleep** of alot friendlier towards both parties not just singleing one out to **bleep** with you paypal ebay catch me if you can remember with my account stolen i cant pay those **bleep** ebay fees

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.