Filing a dispute with a receipt # but no transaction ID ?

dpgwestside42
New Community Member

I bought an item last month through paypal using my debit card but didn't have an account. My item never came so I'm attempting to file a dispute. I made an account here using all the same information(same bank account info and e-mail address) from my transaction and it isn't showing up in my recent transactions. So when I go to try file a dispute I can't input a transaction ID and the receipt # doesn't work. I e-mailed paypal about this and they gave me the same steps I already tried. Anyone else have any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ccarr
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same exact problem.  I purchased some software through paypal and wasn't a member and the payment has already hit my account.  When I go to the website's url, it now says unavailable.  I have the paypal receipt for the purchase but I don't know what to do either.  I've read about filing a dispute but you have to wait 45 days or something like that.  What a drag, if I find out something I will definitely shoot it to you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.