unfair treatment by paypal over money owed

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

having recently sold some items on ebay for a friend i feel i have to share an issue with the paypal community forum.

basically what has happened is i have been had out of £320, well my cousin and her partner have. i sold an expensive item for them, shipped it to australia, goods were paid for via paypal. the parcel was a while getting their so the buyer complained and paypal withdrew the £ out of my account much to my annoynace without contacting me first.

i have the proof of postage from the australian post service that he recieved his parcel the day after he put his complaint in....but didn't tell paypal. so for the last 6weeks or more i have basically been banging my head against a brickwall trying to get the £ back! paypal soon took the £ off me and even with the proof infront of them that he recieved the goods after they refused to reinburse me with my £ as it was "against our policy. we will send him an email".

i feel cheated and let down and basically between them paypal and the buyer have robbed me of £320!!!!  surely there is a way around this? i would appreciate any help. many thanks

richard

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Dogood
Contributor
Contributor

Do not feel bad PayPal has taken my money too they state in an e-mail  $100.00 USD was not applied to my PayPal balance on Friday, Oct 8, 2010 9:56 as stated by your automated e-mail. The problem is that they are using third world counter to do all their banking. I do not know what type of agreement they have set up but it is poor one and non functional. I should know when I first joined PayPal, I lived in Italy and I did not have all the problems I’m having now, with their payment system. Here is a copy of the automated e-mail I got today:

You added  $100.00 USD to your PayPal balance from your bank account. Your money is now available in your PayPal account.

Thanks,

PayPal

It is not true it’s a lie. I already once had to get on the phone with them to really get my money. The system they have now stinks like rotten fish.

Login to Me Too

benson
Contributor
Contributor

come on pay pal sort this out... clearly this issue is not "solved" as stated!!!

Login to Me Too

ppmaz87

OMG! this is exactly what's happened to me over a month ago! im still trying to find out what's happening. Paypal say talk to ebay and vice versa! Banging my head too!

Login to Me Too

itisijj
Contributor
Contributor

yet again, the little person who keeps paypal in business suffers for the greed & stupidity of a large company, 

the same thing has happened to me recently,

i received threatening emails etc, from a buyer about an item not received, (8 items sent at the same time, from the same post office & all,arrived safely)  i went thru all the right channels, , & they still had the cheek to charge me a credit card fee twice!!!!! (once upon reciept of payment & again on the refund)  paypal were sent a photograph of the postal reciept, which includes the post code & house number, but still found in his favour, (strange, seeing as he had already told me this was what he was going to do, before it happened)

also,, if it was not able to be delivered i always put a return address on the reverse side of the packing, so why has it not been returned to me?????

WHAT HAPPENED TO PAYPAL SELLER PROTECTION?????,

as per usual, is it a case of "we dont care as long as we are making a profit!!!!!", 

& as for the "we will contact you in 48-72 hrs" i'm still waiting for a reply.

i think from now on i'll just use postal orders, cash or cheque, stuff paypal, at least i am in control & cannot be ripped off by a company that does not care!!!!!! 

if everyone does the same, it might make them rethink their policies, & get it right!!!!!

p.s. i'm looking forward to hearing what excuse they come up with for this

Login to Me Too

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

well once this is sorted, and i WILL get the £ back, paypal can take a running jump! the item i sold for a family member. she found out today from the post office (royal mail) that when paypal asked me to get proof of delivery, including address, they knew full well i wouldn't get the address. why? because they are in cahoots with royal mail and it is commonly known such info cannot be released due to strict privacy laws! 

paypal is a sham. they don't care about their customers. period! infact they take the proverbial pee! GGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

benson
Contributor
Contributor

All gone quiet on the Paypal side now that it clearly shows that pay pal knew full well that you would not be able to get a copy of the signature alongside the address due to privacy laws.... strange that isnt it!!!!

Come on paypal show your honest customers your there to help them??

Login to Me Too

benson
Contributor
Contributor

Any one there paypal??????

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey guys,

Just reading your posts there, usually on the Royal Mail receipts that show the tracking number it will show also show the post code and the number of the house, or house name that the item is being sent to, so having an address on the proof of postage/delivery is not out of the ordinary. I mean you obviously know the address as you are the one posting it.

Benson, I think you have the wrong idea about this PayPal forum. This forum is meant as a community for all UK PayPal account holders to communicate and talk to each other about PayPal, whether its issues they are having or to help other users use their PayPal accounts. This is in no way customer service. Even though we do try and answer as much as we can, please don't expect to get a response.

If you do need a response from PayPal you can call the customer service team on the number below.

Phone: 08707 307 191

Also, the topic was marked as solved when YNWA9 came back and said thank you. Even though there have been several posts after this, the status remains the same.

Lucy

Login to Me Too

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

the case was re-opened lucy....i waited...and waited...then nothing! i have kept EVERY email. i think it is time to seek legal advice against the buyer and paypal.....

Login to Me Too

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

so......i ring the number paypal lucy...they direct me to ebay customer services.....wait 20mins....explain the sitiuation...no, sorry, we can't help, it is a paypal matter!

in any other walk of life this is treat as theft! the actions and stance taken by paypal is unbelievable. i looked into legal action small claims) but it would be a waste of time. 

is there anybody out their who can help me please? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.