unfair treatment by paypal over money owed

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

having recently sold some items on ebay for a friend i feel i have to share an issue with the paypal community forum.

basically what has happened is i have been had out of £320, well my cousin and her partner have. i sold an expensive item for them, shipped it to australia, goods were paid for via paypal. the parcel was a while getting their so the buyer complained and paypal withdrew the £ out of my account much to my annoynace without contacting me first.

i have the proof of postage from the australian post service that he recieved his parcel the day after he put his complaint in....but didn't tell paypal. so for the last 6weeks or more i have basically been banging my head against a brickwall trying to get the £ back! paypal soon took the £ off me and even with the proof infront of them that he recieved the goods after they refused to reinburse me with my £ as it was "against our policy. we will send him an email".

i feel cheated and let down and basically between them paypal and the buyer have robbed me of £320!!!!  surely there is a way around this? i would appreciate any help. many thanks

richard

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

The payment being placed on hold as soon as the dispute was opened is what happens in all cases of buyer disputes being opened.

In order to close the case in your favour we would need proof of delivery to your buyers address. This would have to have the buyers address on it as that's the address we are looking to confirm the item has been delivered too.

We need to see the address as when signing for an item you can sign another person’s name.  

I can understand your frustration in this as it is a lot of money. Where is the claim now and have you contacted the shipping company to see if a proof of delivery with an address on it can be provided? If it can you can go through an appeal process.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

benson
Contributor
Contributor

That's absolutely scandalous that an item that clearly has been proved it reached its destination (as paypal requested in there "investigation?" )  has not been accepted by paypal and then refunded your money!!!! It just seems to prove that paypal arent interested in really carrying out an investigation and refunding innocent genuine customers, they're just interested in making money regardless of the fact you are now £320 out of pocket..... Come on PAYPAL show some genuine desire to refund this guy rather than fobbing him off with the "against our policy" line, as obviously the buyer has received the item AND TOOK THE MONEY FROM THE SELLER TOO!!!!!

Login to Me Too

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

when i emailed them the copy of the proof of delivery, with the buyers signature on it and the time he signed it, they still wouldn't budge...as his address wasn't on it!!!!!  i said what more proof do you want!!!!!  i got a real negative response everytime i contacted paypal as if they didn't want to sort it but i did remind them on several occasions how quick they took my £ back!!!!! they are a shambles!!!

Login to Me Too

benson
Contributor
Contributor

I cant believe that... !! I notice that Paypal David or Paypal Barry havent offered any assistance ??with what amounts quite clearly to theft!!!

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

The payment being placed on hold as soon as the dispute was opened is what happens in all cases of buyer disputes being opened.

In order to close the case in your favour we would need proof of delivery to your buyers address. This would have to have the buyers address on it as that's the address we are looking to confirm the item has been delivered too.

We need to see the address as when signing for an item you can sign another person’s name.  

I can understand your frustration in this as it is a lot of money. Where is the claim now and have you contacted the shipping company to see if a proof of delivery with an address on it can be provided? If it can you can go through an appeal process.

Login to Me Too

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

at last! some positive feedback! thankyou very much! i am now getting onto it as i have kept all the email correspondence. again, many thanks! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there YNWA9,

Thanks for your input Smiley Happy.

Its good to know that we are helping member's on the community.

I'll make sure to pass on your appreciation to Lucy Smiley Wink.

All the best,

David.

Login to Me Too

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

well.....i emailed the austrailian post and they are not allowed to give me his address due to strict privacy laws. all i we have is the proof of postage receipt with the 1st line of his address on! please help!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

benson
Contributor
Contributor

I would have thought that the first line address, PLUS proof of post, PLUS the item being signed for would have been proof enough ??? evidently not !!!Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

YNWA9
Contributor
Contributor

well i am at a loss now. please if anyone can help me then i would appreciate any input! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.