Refund in favour of fraudulent buyer

Mills13
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a £200 pair of balenciaga shoes to a buyer with tracking and I was constantly in contact with him through texts until the day of delivery. I was naive and thought everything was okay but I got a call weeks later explaining that he opened up a claim saying he received a pair of Adidas shoes and he had beeen refunded, PayPal then went on to explain to me that the case was closed in his favour because I wasn’t able to respond to the email. The reason I wasn’t able to respond is because I didn’t even know he opened up the case until my account was oberdrawn of 200£ and PayPal demanding me to pay!! The buyer has now blocked me and claims department are telling me there’s nothing they can do even though I have so much eveidence to prove I sent the right shoe if I was able to respond to the case right now that I know the situation! the most insulting thing is that the woman on the phone basically told me I wouldn’t be able to get my money back just because I missed the emails and if the buyer decides to not send me back my shoes there’s nothing PayPal can do and I will not be reimbursed. This is completely unfair as I have not been able to keep up with emails due to my taxing uni life and I’m now in debt of 200£ and missing a pair of expensive trainers. It’s very sad that my time selling on the site has had to end like this and there’s nothing anyone working for PayPal can do to bring people doing refund scams to justice
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.