reversal

emma1214
New Community Member

I had put into my account an amount from a customer, i was doing a job for. I looked and the amount said pending, so i went and did the job. When i returned to check the amount was in it said it had been reveresed. I contacted paypal who said that they had reveres the amount as it looked suspicous. I contacted my customer who could not understand why the payment had been reveresed, when i spoke to paypal the advisor said it should still go through in a couple of days when they have checked, something does not ring truesomewhere. Can someone clarify the situation, as i spoke to three different people at paypal, and they all said different things

thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The most common reason for a reversal is that the customer funded their payment from their bank account but did not have enough funds in there for the payment to process through to paypal.

I would ask the buyer to pay again.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

emma1214
New Community Member

Hi the customer advised me they had sufficent funds in their paypal account to cover the amount. The email i had from pay informs me that they were concerned that the payment was not authorised by the account holderand may be the result of suspicous acticity and they have cancelled the transaction, but i have been speaking with the customer, who emailed me a screenshot of the reversal. Paypal, have told me when i called that to wait to end of play monday and the funds should be there, again something does not ring true?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi emma1214,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about this experience.

If a reversal has been completed on your received payment, the buyer would need to send the payment again.

In case you have any account specific questions, please contact us via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.